Definitive Audiophile pressings

Rarely go out on RSD but probably lining up for that and the Lost in Translation soundtrack. If they don't have them at my store I will be rioting.
It’s not my cup of tea, but those extras on RSD Lost in Translation seem like legit value-adds that will be really cool for folks who are into it.

This that album all the old audiophile heads like testing out new gear with lmfao. The amount of times I've heard or read about this one being used as a reference for a review is comedic at this point.
hah I love this record. never heard of it being used as a reference record but kinda makes sense. the IR reissue is real good.

Sprung for this yesterday, at a pretty good discount from its listed price. Reviews on discogs are glowing and its a greaaaaat performance. Available on streaming. Realized I really need to get more Sarah Vaughan in my collection, I stream her music all the time, but own none on vinyl.

I really like this series when they go on sale. I think I have 4 or 5 different ones at this point.

Speaking of Seasons, I attended the listening party over @CommonWave in LA last night. Kevin can be seen wearing the brown sports jacket. I was fortunate to get my copy signed, pressing and mastering is GREAT.

Those albums on the shelf are both really interesting.

The Jazz Couriers looks to be the 2010 Speciality pressing, which is a needle drop. I cant imagine it sounds that incredible as a result.

The Fela Soul is a bootleg from Amerigo Gazaway, his releases are so much fun, but bootlegs (blocked from sale of Discogs). I have a few of his albums that are essentially mashups, really clever stuff that sounds fantastic!

Looked like a really fun evening, very jealous!

Those albums on the shelf are both really interesting.

The Jazz Couriers looks to be the 2010 Speciality pressing, which is a needle drop. I cant imagine it sounds that incredible as a result.

The Fela Soul is a bootleg from Amerigo Gazaway, his releases are so much fun, but bootlegs (blocked from sale of Discogs). I have a few of his albums that are essentially mashups, really clever stuff that sounds fantastic!

Looked like a really fun evening, very jealous!
Loved Amerigo's Bizarre Tribe album for way back. Was a mashup of ATCQ and The Pharcyde that just worked so well.

Common Wave is a great hi-fi store with a pretty good curation of records for sale. Always enjoyed stepping in there and the owner Wes helped me a couple times with gear problems.

Only thing I didn't enjoy is Wes was very opinionated about whats good vs bad. He told me to sell my Fluance RT85 and Lintons "immediately, they're terrible products". And of course he would steer you towards options in store lol.

Loved Amerigo's Bizarre Tribe album for way back. Was a mashup of ATCQ and The Pharcyde that just worked so well.

Common Wave is a great hi-fi store with a pretty good curation of records for sale. Always enjoyed stepping in there and the owner Wes helped me a couple times with gear problems.

Only thing I didn't enjoy is Wes was very opinionated about whats good vs bad. He told me to sell my Fluance RT85 and Lintons "immediately, they're terrible products". And of course he would steer you towards options in store lol.
Telling you to sell the Lintons is a weird one....they seem pretty universally loved especially at that price point. But makes sense he would want you to buy something he had in store hah

Telling you to sell the Lintons is a weird one....they seem pretty universally loved especially at that price point. But makes sense he would want you to buy something he had in store hah
Store owners are a weird bunch. I don't know how many times I've had to explain to someone why I want to hear the same song ideally streamed through the same DAC going to the same speakers if I'm trying to demo several amps. Invariably they want me to listen to a pressing of an album I've never heard before, on 3 different systems with 3 different cart/TTs/stages/speakers on each. Like what the hell is the point of this? There zero way of knowing what's doing what... THIS TELLS ME NOTHING WEIRD STORE MAN

Last edited:
Store owners are a weird bunch. I don't know how many times I've had to explain to someone why I want to hear the same song ideally streamed through the same DAC going to the same speakers if I'm trying to demo several amps. Invariably they want me to listen to a pressing I've never heard before, on 3 different systems with 3 different cart/TTs/stages/speakers on each. Like what the hell is the point of this? There zero way of knowing what's doing what... THIS TELLS ME NOTHING WEIRD STORE MAN

I bet it works to get some people rich fools to go “oh my this sounds good I must buy it all”

My local hifi wants to see if they have matching records (pressing) if you are coming in to test carts/tables because they don’t want you to play your vinyl multiple times.
That's pretty cool, probably (definitely) overkill but nonetheless cool of them.

Yeah he said they’re knock off and worse sounding Harbeths lol.
I bet it works to get some people rich fools to go “oh my this sounds good I must buy it all”
I’m sure it works very well at Common Wave. First time I went it was only myself and Robert Pattinson and Suki Waterhouse in the store

Yeah he said they’re knock off and worse sounding Harbeths lol.

I’m sure it works very well at Common Wave. First time I went it was only myself and Robert Pattinson and Suki Waterhouse in the store

I can get a certain type of audiophile like that not liking Lintons because they’re not exactly transparent, but that’s the fun, they’re enjoyable to listen to!

Back