Definitive Audiophile pressings

$18?! Okay I guess the Warner Store must be in Toronto, I only paid $10 shipping. That's balls.
It is a lot but I’m pretty used to roughly that amount within Canada. Can’t say that I’ve ever heard of shipping as low at $10 in Canada. Ahh well. Now I’m just hoping Optimal doesn’t mess up the pressing like Coltrane’s Sound which was a disaster. I also grabbed the Van Morrison from this series as well and that was a really nice pressing.

It is a lot but I’m pretty used to roughly that amount within Canada. Can’t say that I’ve ever heard of shipping as low at $10 in Canada. Ahh well. Now I’m just hoping Optimal doesn’t mess up the pressing like Coltrane’s Sound which was a disaster. I also grabbed the Van Morrison from this series as well and that was a really nice pressing.
Yeah when I saw ten I just assumed it was a flat rate because that is cheap for Canada. That sucks about Coltrane didn't know they'd botched that one. The Cars was pretty much flawless, but it's the only other one I have in this series.

My Coltrane was perfectly fine but it just wasn't as good sound quality as some of the others given the source material. It's never been an album that has sounded amazing. Van Morrison was awesome (the new deluxe of Moondance is also really amazing and Optimal!) and so is The Cars. Ordered Ornette and Television today along with the Ramones mono cut for Rhino Reds and grabbed a copy of Crossings for a buddy.

Now I’m just hoping Optimal doesn’t mess up the pressing like Coltrane’s Sound which was a disaster.
Oh no. Sorry to hear - love that title, had high hopes for that one.

Optimal seems to be slipping as of late with their increased workload. I've had two BN Classics to start this year that have pressing issues.

My Coltrane was perfectly fine but it just wasn't as good sound quality as some of the others given the source material. It's never been an album that has sounded amazing. Van Morrison was awesome (the new deluxe of Moondance is also really amazing and Optimal!) and so is The Cars. Ordered Ornette and Television today along with the Ramones mono cut for Rhino Reds and grabbed a copy of Crossings for a buddy.

The Coltrane is fine. The master is not up to snuff. Grey was polishing a turd.
I agree with both of these assessments, minus Lee's dirty language.

Oh no. Sorry to hear - love that title, had high hopes for that one.

Optimal seems to be slipping as of late with their increased workload. I've had two BN Classics to start this year that have pressing issues.
wonder if optimal has a tiered system like GZ apparently does. The deutsche grammaphon pressings were done at optimal I think and they are incredible

boomboom alert!
Arent the tapes about shot on this one? The MoFi has some tape hiss

We’ll find out! I’d think if the tapes were so awful they wouldn’t be doing this one AAA
Yeah, probably right. Are you picking it up or the Chicken Fat? I have the VBR Chicken Fat that yuk PIFed me. It sounds pretty good. A bit warped from TMR. Love the music so many chase down this new pressing, just wish they stated where they will be pressed.

Yeah, probably right. Are you picking it up or the Chicken Fat? I have the VBR Chicken Fat that yuk PIFed me. It sounds pretty good. A bit warped from TMR. Love the music so many chase down this new pressing, just wish they stated where they will be pressed.
I ordered the VMP box at 40% off and am on the fence about keeping it. If I cancel it I’ll probably go for it.

You could probably email them and ask where it’s pressed?

Glad to hear some got a decent copy of the Coltrane. They sent me three copies and each one was badly warped with non fill rips and blips scattered throughout both sides. They refunded me in the end so the CS was good, but not one of those copies is playable.

Glad to hear some got a decent copy of the Coltrane. They sent me three copies and each one was badly warped with non fill rips and blips scattered throughout both sides. They refunded me in the end so the CS was good, but not one of those copies is playable.
Two copies for me here. Stuck with the second one as it was ok. First was very poor and a real shame but customer service was decent. I am probably dumb for the order I placed today but we shall see. Sorry about the taxes and shipping charges, Canadian friends. I may be headed up there permanently after November so I guess I may soon suffer the same fate. :cry:

Back