Definitive Audiophile pressings

Doing that and doubling up on artists just makes them less interesting. Especially with the size of rhinos catalogue. Seems we have another fuck chad or mofi when it could have been much more fun.
The Coltranes (and the Cars) are kinda boring but I don’t have a great 33 copy of Ole so likely in on that one. I thought the van Morrison was excellent even though KG has cut it in the past and I’ll definitely grab Ornette and Television.

The Coltranes (and the Cars) are kinda boring but I don’t have a great 33 copy of Ole so likely in on that one. I thought the van Morrison was excellent even though KG has cut it in the past and I’ll definitely grab Ornette and Television.

Yeah it just seemed like a cool idea to just randomly pick a couple of cool things from rhinos back catalogue once a quarter and do a brilliant and affordable pressing of it. Had me thinking what’s next. Like maybe audiophile smiths or talking heads etc etc. Now it’s just threatening to turn into another boring jazz/classic rock imprint. Next thing we know the prices jack up.

More rhino hifi titles announced:

Television - Marquee Moon
Ornette Coleman - Change Of The Century
The Cars - Candy-O
The Grateful Dead - American Beauty
John Coltrane - Ole Coltrane
Miles Davis - Tutu
So I’m gonna have to sell my MOFI Candy-O?! Ole is going to be odd since they won’t be able to fit the title track on one side if it’s a 45.

Oh right I was thinking about the AP 75 series. I think they’re doing Ole at some point.
Yea they are. And ORG i believe already did the 45 which sounds awesome but splits the title track onto two sides so I cant help but get mad at it haha. I’m down for a good 33 of ole. I have an OG mono but it’s not super clean

Yeah it just seemed like a cool idea to just randomly pick a couple of cool things from rhinos back catalogue once a quarter and do a brilliant and affordable pressing of it. Had me thinking what’s next. Like maybe audiophile smiths or talking heads etc etc. Now it’s just threatening to turn into another boring jazz/classic rock imprint. Next thing we know the prices jack up.
The curation is a head-scratcher in some cases. Excited for Marquee Moon though. And Ornette was in need of a good reissue. Coltranes have a ton, the Miles title isn’t great to me and it I wanna listen to the Cars, the self-titled is what I go for. The Dead has been done to death too.

Give us Allen Toussaint you cowards!!

Well just think how low their hit rate can be in your eyes and still provide you the number of good records you're looking for in a year.

The curation is a head-scratcher in some cases. Excited for Marquee Moon though. And Ornette was in need of a good reissue. Coltranes have a ton, the Miles title isn’t great to me and it I wanna listen to the Cars, the self-titled is what I go for. The Dead has been done to death too.

Give us Allen Toussaint you cowards!!
I don't know. If the Ole is a stereo cut, that'd be something new. I have the mono cut that was the breakout from the rhino mono boxset, but Ole is a title I'd like a stereo cut of, and there hasn't been anything other than a graymarket release in quite a while. If it's stereo, I'm definitely in for that one.

Back