Definitive Audiophile pressings

Hey, at least we can all agree on one thing: FUCK CHAD!

e0c.gif

Honestly. If that guy is fuck Chad I’d be tempted to do a 180. He’s so pompous rude and utterly entitled. He has this belief that without becoming a part of the community he can just rock up every now again and offer “advice” with a liberally applied veneer of snark and condescension. He’s been doing it for a number of years now and to do it to someone as well known and liked and generally pleasant as @DeadwaxDude is always going to provoke a response. It’s not like me and you, for example, who will both happily throw the snark back.

But also. Yes. Fuck chad.

LOL. For sure.

You know, that UHQR costs about $2-3 more than the regular record you pay $35 for. I understand the feeling that for the prices charged better is expected, but people have to have the knowledge. It's justa few dollars more to manufacture, maybe $5 including the box.

It's a scam. A total grift. Personally, my opinion is don't complain when you get sucked in repeatedly. Just my opinion.

So - fuck Chad. Don't send him your dollars, they are worth more.

Googled Ashburn, Ava. What exactly is a census-designated place?
A town that’s not actually a town. There’s no formal city or town of Ashburn, but it’s a postal code and essentially a suburb defined geographically by its relation to other suburbs of DC and the county line between Loudoun and Fairfax.

Awww yeahhhh, credit card just dinged with this charge. Looks like it's happening. Saweeeeet.
As a person that was also delighted to get one.... I wonder if this "accideal" was actually a market test to what the volume (units pre-ordered) might be a different price point. I've often wondered why the industry has never done a pre-orders as a discounted price motion

This is easy. Media Mail is surface mail. The journey in the tracking is the logical truck route. It spent a weekend in Detroit while the driver took in a Red Wings game.
Not that easy. According to the seller, the package I posted about was sent first class. My understanding is that media mail to Portland always goes through Seattle, even records I once shipped to Tacoma and media mail coming from LA.

Also, in case it wasn’t clear, I was marveling at the path. I don’t really care about the delay as long as it arrives in good condition. It’s just a record.

Anyone know offhand who JPC Germany uses for international shipping? It's been ages since I ordered from there and I can't find any indication on their site. I feel like it arrives with domestic either Canada Post here or USPS in the States yes? Pretty sure they don't use courier?

Anyone know offhand who JPC Germany uses for international shipping? It's been ages since I ordered from there and I can't find any indication on their site. I feel like it arrives with domestic either Canada Post here or USPS in the States yes? Pretty sure they don't use courier?
I thought it was DHL. Not 100% sure though.

If it is then man am I happy I held off on that order...
My problem with DHL was that every package I had received from them came in a box that looked liked they had ran over it a forklift then dragged it behind the delivery truck for a few hundred miles. They were always super fast though. The nice thing about JPC is they used really heavy duty mailers so everything show up in good condition really fast.

My problem with DHL was that every package I had received from them came in a box that looked liked they had ran over it a forklift then dragged it behind the delivery truck for a few hundred miles. They were always super fast though. The nice thing about JPC is they used really heavy duty mailers and so everything show up in good condition really fast.
I've actually never had an issue with DHL damaging anything but it's the duties that I want to avoid. I'll just wait till this shows up on this side of the pond.

It’s Deutsche Post (which is kinda DHL but as German National Postmen not the international courier business) handed onto local postal provider on arrival for us.

It’s Deutsche Post (which is kinda DHL but as German National Postmen not the international courier business) handed onto local postal provider on arrival for us.
Same with shipments to the U.S. It's DHL in Germany, but then it gets handed to USPS upon arrival in the U.S., and the postman delivers it.

I've actually never had an issue with DHL damaging anything but it's the duties that I want to avoid. I'll just wait till this shows up on this side of the pond.
I ordered from them when they re-opened delivery to Canada, back in 2021. I am 95% sure it was DHL and handed over to Canada Post. I am fairly positive there were no duties either. But it has been 2 years

Back