Definitive Audiophile pressings

That's insane (and embarrassingly arousing). Were the prices ridiculous? There's a guy who lives a few blocks from me who for years has bought two copies of all MoFi releases, so he has (last time I was at his house) a couple of boxes like this. But the prices he asks are a bit absurd, so it's mostly a finger-strengthening exercise looking through what he has.
Discogs pricing for the most part but prices were negotiable.

I think it's infill or non fill. I seem to have had a few of the recentish speakers corner reissues.

edit - ordered som First RV, might help with some of my records
It may not be no-fill, see if the FirstRV helps.

Tip on that - First RV is extremely volatile when it comes into contact with air. Close the bottle right away after dropping some on the record.

Keep it in the fridge. Closed and refrigerated it has a very long shelf life.

Use sparingly. A bit goes a long way.

You omit "while wet" as your aim is to ridicule, but simply display your ignorance. Some Karens will encourage you.
My issue with the “Karen’s” slight is the misuse. It’s like when a young person call Gen Xer or Millennial a “Boomer” both Karen and Boomer are a bit cliche at this point anyhow but when ya use them wrong (unless it’s a purposeful attempt for irony) it feels a bit cringe like Michael Scott attempting to use black slang.

A “Karen” is a generalized epithet directed typically to entitled white women, using their status to play the victim in an attempt to malign or harm POC and other minorities.

It doesn’t really translate well to a group of middle-aged dudes who are requesting replacements of defective products being sold by a large company selling a premium product at premium price. In this scenario the “victim” would be the large company which is admittedly a bit of a stretch.

You are very knowledgeable when it comes to the record collecting hobby and your thoughts on environmental sustainability is noble but I feel like your suggestions would be taken in the way intended if they were delivered with a bit more tact.

Just my unsolicited 2¢ and If you wanna defensively call me a name or something that’s fine but I mean no ill will.

My issue with the “Karen’s” slight is the misuse. It’s like when a young person call Gen Xer or Millennial a “Boomer” both Karen and Boomer are a bit cliche at this point anyhow but when ya use them wrong (unless it’s a purposeful attempt for irony) it feels a bit cringe like Michael Scott attempting to use black slang.

A “Karen” is a generalized epithet directed typically to entitled white women, using their status to play the victim in an attempt to malign or harm POC and other minorities.

It doesn’t really translate well to a group of middle-aged dudes who are requesting replacements of defective products being sold by a large company selling a premium product at premium price. In this scenario the “victim” would be the large company which is admittedly a bit of a stretch.

You are very knowledgeable when it comes to the record collecting hobby and your thoughts on environmental sustainability is noble but I feel like your suggestions would be taken in the way intended if they were delivered with a bit more tact.

Just my unsolicited 2¢ and If you wanna defensively call me a name or something that’s fine but I mean no ill will.
LOL. The 'Karen' term has been co-opted and extended in popular use.

From Wikipedia, some illustrative quotes:

"a sense of entitlement, a willingness and desire to complain, and a self-centered approach to interacting with others"
"demands the world exist according to their standards with little regard for others, and is willing to risk or demean others to achieve their ends"
"moves through the world prepared to fight faceless conglomerates of lesser-than people who won't give them what they want and feel they deserve"

I respect you and I appreciate you, I do not apply such a term to you.

Deadwaxdude was simply ttrying to insult or ridicule, which has no place here or anywhere. Especially a person who can't read the sales terms on a website before clicking the box to attest he has read and understood them.

LOL. The 'Karen' term has been co-opted and extended in popular use.

From Wikipedia, some illustrative quotes:

"a sense of entitlement, a willingness and desire to complain, and a self-centered approach to interacting with others"
"demands the world exist according to their standards with little regard for others, and is willing to risk or demean others to achieve their ends"
"moves through the world prepared to fight faceless conglomerates of lesser-than people who won't give them what they want and feel they deserve"

I respect you and I appreciate you, I do not apply such a term to you.

Deadwaxdude was simply ttrying to insult or ridicule, which has no place here or anywhere. Especially a person who can't read the sales terms on a website before clicking the box to attest he has read and understood them.

I just never stopped to think that I should pick at my UHQR with my wet finger nail to see it if solves my problem. All jokes aside, a wet toothpick on an angle has worked wonders for me in the past at removing paper debris on old records. But I'm also one to wood glue my records if they're really bad.

It's just a funny hobby, I don't parade my methods around because i've learned they worked out for ME over the years.
Just poking some fun, we all do weird shit to our records, I just think you showcase and back up yourself more than needed.

Last edited:
I just never stopped to think that I should pick at my UHQR with my wet finger nail to see it if solves my problem. All jokes aside, a wet toothpick on a angle has worked wonders for me in the past at removing paper debris on old records. But I'm also one to wood glue my records if they're really bad.

It's just a funny hobby, I don't parade my methods around because i've learned they worked out for ME over the years.
Just poking some fun, we all do weird shit to our records, I just think you showcase and back up yourself more than needed.

Well at least you tried to be nice. I dont think I’d have bothered. Unpleasant people will just always be unpleasant.

The Be With records' Ahmad Jamal pressing has been unavailable for a while, I spoke with them a year or so ago about a faulty record and asked if they could find a copy for me, they were really helpful. I'd definitely recommend buying direct from them if you can. Also a great label, lots of interesting records outside of the Jazz reissues (I'll definitely pick up all the Nucleus titles).

"As for The Ahmad Jamal Trio’s The Awakening, I wish this was as easy to sort out as a faulty Steve Hiett LP!

Our licence expired a couple of years ago and Universal decided they weren’t going to renew it, so that means no more re-presses unfortunately, and we’ve long-since sold out of the last of the stock. I know that the prices keep creeping up on Discogs but I heard from someone else who’d previously got in touch asking if we had any copies down the back of the settee (we don’t… we’ve looked!) and they got back in touch a few months later to say they’d grabbed a still-sealed copy on ebay for $30, so there should still be some sneaky copies out there for not-silly money. Just not on Discogs sadly."

edit - I'd definitely recommend this one:

That album you posted is on my wantlist. I really like the BeWith stuff I have and they have some really cool stuff coming out in the next few months.

Posting here bc the item in this order would be discussed here, and I have no clue where else to post it.

Enjoy this USPS Media Mail ”Tour of America 2023” Item arrived in Portland in 3 days, and then . . . Next stop, Toledo!! Next stop for me tomorrow is to local post office to speak w/ someone about wtf could be going on here.
CE9EEF56-1F12-4094-838D-0AFD8E7F29FA.jpeg

Posting here bc the item in this order would be discussed here, and I have no clue where else to post it.

Enjoy this USPS Media Mail ”Tour of America 2023” Item arrived in Portland in 3 days, and then . . . Next stop, Toledo!! Next stop for me tomorrow is to local post office to speak w/ someone about wtf could be going on here.
View attachment 170585
This is easy. Media Mail is surface mail. The journey in the tracking is the logical truck route. It spent a weekend in Detroit while the driver took in a Red Wings game.

View attachment 170585
Looks to me like it didn't get off the truck and just continued on. I've had that happen before with some stuff from Japan. Landed in Cincinnati, then Toronto for customs but somehow didn't get off the plane and went back to Cincinnati, and then back here again. I even had one go back to Cincinnati then on to Florida, then back to Toronto.

Back