Definitive Audiophile pressings

Posting here bc the item in this order would be discussed here, and I have no clue where else to post it.

Enjoy this USPS Media Mail ”Tour of America 2023” Item arrived in Portland in 3 days, and then . . . Next stop, Toledo!! Next stop for me tomorrow is to local post office to speak w/ someone about wtf could be going on here.
View attachment 170585
Did someone say Toledo?!

Klinger-s01e04-01-kopi 2.jpeg

Looks to me like it didn't get off the truck and just continued on. I've had that happen before with some stuff from Japan. Landed in Cincinnati, then Toronto for customs but somehow didn't get off the plane and went back to Cincinnati, and then back here again. I even had one go back to Cincinnati then on to Florida, then back to Toronto.
It doesn't get off the truck. Everything is just a scan or an automated transaction.

DHL shipping from Japan all goes through the Cinci hub. However, the package must clear customs in Canada. So it will be electronically cleared without the package ever leaving the hub, or even while in transit. In general, courier packages are cleared through automation with no physical movement or inspection.

It doesn't get off the truck. Everything is just a scan or an automated transaction.

DHL shipping from Japan all goes through the Cinci hub. However, the package must clear customs in Canada. So it will be electronically cleared without the package ever leaving the hub, or even while in transit. In general, courier packages are cleared through automation with no physical movement or inspection.
The original poster lives in Portland, and it continued on past Portland all the way back around the other side of the country and it's almost back where it started one week later. Therefore it did not get off the truck in Portland, where it should have gotten off the truck, because that is where he lives.

Last edited:
In addition, the delivery exceptions I'm talking about regarding packages from Tokyo were literally scanned as arriving in Toronto, then scanned as departing, then given a delivery exception that they were sent to the wrong place, then scanned back in Cincinnati again, then scanned as leaving Cincinnati and arriving in Florida, and then days later it arrived back in Toronto. These were not scanning errors on route, they overshot the destination.

In addition, the delivery exceptions I'm talking about regarding packages from Tokyo were literally scanned as arriving in Toronto, then scanned as departing, then given a delivery exception that they were sent to the wrong place, then scanned back in Cincinnati again, then scanned as leaving Cincinnati and arriving in Florida, and then days later it arrived back in Toronto. These were not scanning errors on route, they overshot the destination.
Ok, Karen 😉

Ok, Karen 😉
Yeah, it's pretty tragic when there are other packages besides yours on the truck. Spreak to management and demand better!!

They overshot the destination with my record!! OMG!!

No, they didn't. Things can get re-routed for a variety of reasons. Storms. Tornados. Flooding. Airport scheduling. Pilot got sick. Not enough cargo for the plane at the ub, consolidated elsewhere. And so on. Many reasons.

And as I said, a scan in tracking data may not indicate physical location in every case.

Yeah, it's pretty tragic when there are other packages besides yours on the truck. Spreak to management and demand better!!

They overshot the destination with my record!! OMG!!

No, they didn't. Things can get re-routed for a variety of reasons. Storms. Tornados. Flooding. Airport scheduling. Pilot got sick. Not enough cargo for the plane at the ub, consolidated elsewhere. And so on. Many reasons.

And as I said, a scan in tracking data may not indicate physical location in every case.
Once again. Landed in Toronto, departed Toronto, landed elsewhere, departed elsewhere, landed further elsewhere, departed further elsewhere, days later landed back in Toronto. Now shush.

And once again, the poster lives in Portland. The item traveled half the country, went through Portland, out the other side and back around to the east coast, and then back down south. Over the span of a week. It missed the mark, end of story.
Now Shush Part II, The Sushening.

Last edited:
Once again. Landed in Toronto, departed Toronto, landed elsewhere, departed elsewhere, landed further elsewhere, departed further elsewhere, days later landed back in Toronto. Now shush.
Tragic! And so unfair! There should be a movie about it. "Rolling Records Over North America"?

And once again, the poster lives in Portland. The item traveled half the country, went through Portland, out the other side and back around to the east coast, and then back down south. Over the span of a week. It missed the mark, end of story.
Shush Part II, The Sushening.
What's really tragic here is that, in today's Canadian federal budget, there was discussion of standardizing USB ports, eliminating junk fees, banning loan shark interest rates, but not a single thing about the growing issue of delays in speedy delivery of records OR the confused routes courier companies may employ instead of straight, direct delivery.

We need to keep on raising awareness of this issue. Thank you for doing your part.

Tragic! And so unfair! There should be a movie about it. "Rolling Records Over North America"?
I mean you're the only one displaying these histrionics, I'm simply pointing out that in these instances the shipments did in fact miss their marks and were not scanning errors as you had suggested. I'm sorry that upsets you, but in these cases, you're wrong. It happens, you'll get over it.

Last edited:
I have found, in my own personal experience, that arguing with a wall is futile.
I was being sarcastic. The reason is that this thread has become the Steve Hoffman Forum. It's descended into whining about shipping, supposed defects on a pricey grift, stupidity in not understanding a shipping policy, returns and more returns and other gripes which are, bluntly, boring. And not about music.

I was attacked by a douchebag for posting what, for most rational actors, would be a post of information. One can discard information and opinions as they wish. Don't like the tone? Ignore. Poked a sore on your ass? Get over it. Didn't find it useful? No problem.

There is, IMO, a sense of entitlement and self-centeredness among too many here, and in audio generally, that warrants the 'Karen' association.

The forum, despite high membership, has become, like many of it's type, dominated by a very small number who seem to feed off each other.

Was there a point to Bjorgen Fyorgen posting an insult after my initial post?

And then Mather tosses out a sarcastic bit of stupidity about cancer causing chemicals which is untrue, Kaiser adds to the sarcasm, TVham can't resist the festival pointlessly?

The sad truth is that most of these people, including the OP, really contribute little to no actual knowledge.

Oh well.

I was being sarcastic. The reason is that this thread has become the Steve Hoffman Forum. It's descended into whining about shipping, supposed defects on a pricey grift, stupidity in not understanding a shipping policy, returns and more returns and other gripes which are, bluntly, boring. And not about music.

I was attacked by a douchebag for posting what, for most rational actors, would be a post of information. One can discard information and opinions as they wish. Don't like the tone? Ignore. Poked a sore on your ass? Get over it. Didn't find it useful? No problem.

There is, IMO, a sense of entitlement and self-centeredness among too many here, and in audio generally, that warrants the 'Karen' association.

The forum, despite high membership, has become, like many of it's type, dominated by a very small number who seem to feed off each other.

Was there a point to Bjorgen Fyorgen posting an insult after my initial post?

And then Mather tosses out a sarcastic bit of stupidity about cancer causing chemicals which is untrue, Kaiser adds to the sarcasm, TVham can't resist the festival pointlessly?

The sad truth is that most of these people, including the OP, really contribute little to no actual knowledge.

Oh well.
Ymmv. I didn’t see anyone crying and stomping around, there was a complaint about a company’s crazy ass return policy. You stated it was the policy, many people including the people you name in this post backed you up. Then you gave us all a lesson in cleaning records that no one asked for.

Here’s the deal - if I spend $40+ on a premium product, I expect it to be a premium product. If I spend $100+ on an ultra premium product, I expect it to be an ultra premium product. I think that I am entitled to get the item I paid for as I paid for it. If that’s overly entitled to you then I guess you are entitled to that position. I also don’t think I should have to stock twelve different cleaning solutions to get my premium product to play well. This is supposed to be fun, it shouldn’t be so much god damned work.

Reading cogs comments, I actually agree with you, I think too many people return vinyl for dumb reasons. However, that doesn’t mean every one is one of those people.

Presenting knowledge is fine. I happen to agree with @BjorgenFjorgen , the post he responded to was condescending. The tone wasn’t great dude. Furthermore you disparaged many processes that people here use and to great effect.

Your reaction to that was to start calling people names and then you got all surprised when people ganged up on you?

The original poster lives in Portland, and it continued on past Portland all the way back around the other side of the country and it's almost back where it started one week later. Therefore it did not get off the truck in Portland, where it should have gotten off the truck, because that is where he lives.
Oh no, that's not how it works. There is only one enormous truck, for the entire system. Things don't get off the truck until the point of delivery. Like Santa's sleigh.

Last edited:
Then you gave us all a lesson in cleaning records that no one asked for.
THE Op made a post whining about a policy he didn't even bother to read. No one asked for that.
Here’s the deal - if I spend $40+ on a premium product, I expect it to be a premium product. If I spend $100+ on an ultra premium product, I expect it to be an ultra premium product. I think that I am entitled to get the item I paid for as I paid for it. If that’s overly entitled to you then I guess you are entitled to that position. I also don’t think I should have to stock twelve different cleaning solutions to get my premium product to play well. This is supposed to be fun, it shouldn’t be so much god damned work.
No one said you should stock anything. However, vinyl is an imperfect product. People can save themselves a lot of frustration by using remedies that can help in many cases. My original point was - it's not going to get to perfect, ever, and that ultra premium product Chad charges $150 for is never going to achieve the level that the price tag indicates it should.

If it's not fun, go to hi-res digital. It's pretty good.
Reading cogs comments, I actually agree with you, I think too many people return vinyl for dumb reasons. However, that doesn’t mean every one is one of those people.
I never said it was. But there are many. Too many. It hurts me, and it hurts others. It causes prices to rise. And yes, despite some people here being offended by it, there is an environmental side to it, and to ignore that because it is minor IS entitled and ignorant. Small steps count and add up.

Simple point: Instead of complaining, empower yourself.
Presenting knowledge is fine. I happen to agree with @BjorgenFjorgen , the post he responded to was condescending. The tone wasn’t great dude. Furthermore you disparaged many processes that people here use and to great effect.
Like I said, at least I try to contribute information. Some of these folks, not naming names, do not.
Your reaction to that was to start calling people names and then you got all surprised when people ganged up on you?
I wasn't surprised by the people who did.

THE Op made a post whining about a policy he didn't even bother to read. No one asked for that.

No one said you should stock anything. However, vinyl is an imperfect product. People can save themselves a lot of frustration by using remedies that can help in many cases. My original point was - it's not going to get to perfect, ever, and that ultra premium product Chad charges $150 for is never going to achieve the level that the price tag indicates it should.

If it's not fun, go to hi-res digital. It's pretty good.

I never said it was. But there are many. Too many. It hurts me, and it hurts others. It causes prices to rise. And yes, despite some people here being offended by it, there is an environmental side to it, and to ignore that because it is minor IS entitled and ignorant. Small steps count and add up.

Simple point: Instead of complaining, empower yourself.

Like I said, at least I try to contribute information. Some of these folks, not naming names, do not.

I wasn't surprised by the people who did.
Hey, at least we can all agree on one thing: FUCK CHAD!

Back