Definitive Audiophile pressings

I've actually never had an issue with DHL damaging anything but it's the duties that I want to avoid. I'll just wait till this shows up on this side of the pond.

Like @jamieanderson1968 said, I don't think DHL takes it all the way. I seem to remember that Canada Post does the last leg, but it's been a while. I also don't remember any duty from those orders. That said, I seem to be getting duty fees a lot more often recently than I was a year ago (but now I usually know I'll get them when I place an order).

EDIT: I just checked and my last order with JPC was exactly a year ago in March 2022.

Given recent banter this feels like the right spot...is Vinyl Cup in Iowa anyone's local?

If so, I'm sorry, they seem rough around the edges. My order would be a good case study for CS and Operations.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
-Karenhahaha

Thanks guys, yeah this makes sense because I was pretty certain my last order was delivered by Canada Post.

If you're looking for SC's, Juno.uk has a pretty big collection of them at around 30 pounds, which should come out cheaper than the 32 euros that JPC usually charges (not sure how shipping would affect the price though). No duties, but no tracking and basic packaging. But I've never had shipping issues from them. I've never tried returning anything with a manufacturing defect though (did have a couple with scribble scratches over the years, but those can happen from anywhere).

If you're looking for SC's, Juno.uk has a pretty big collection of them at around 30 pounds, which should come out cheaper than the 32 euros that JPC usually charges (not sure how shipping would affect the price though). No duties, but no tracking and basic packaging. But I've never had shipping issues from them. I've never tried returning anything with a manufacturing defect though (did have a couple with scribble scratches over the years, but those can happen from anywhere).
Totally forget about Juno but they have great shipping prices. I ordered the MBV and Ride reissues and they were decently packed. I wouldn’t order a bunch but single lps should be safe.

Totally forget about Juno but they have great shipping prices. I ordered the MBV and Ride reissues and they were decently packed. I wouldn’t order a bunch but single lps should be safe.
I've ordered from Juno a lot in the past. They always did well by me. I know they raised their shipping prices a lot a few years back but that seems to have come back down a bit. I'm just trying to get the repress of Animals 2018. The first press I got basically the opening tracks on both sides are unlistenable due to tearing and crackle. It's a very known issue with the first press. The second press has apparently fixed the issue and also now has a poly sleeve. But I grabbed a copy locally the other day that I thought was the repress, but it's the first one with exactly the same issues as my other copy. I know JPC is selling this new press. And it will likely make it's way over here but there's no way to tell without opening it. So I'm just debating paying the shipping and getting it from over there.

I've ordered from Juno a lot in the past. They always did well by me. I know they raised their shipping prices a lot a few years back but that seems to have come back down a bit. I'm just trying to get the repress of Animals 2018. The first press I got basically the opening tracks on both sides are unlistenable due to tearing and crackle. It's a very known issue with the first press. The second press has apparently fixed the issue and also now has a poly sleeve. But I grabbed a copy locally the other day that I thought was the repress, but it's the first one with exactly the same issues as my other copy. I know JPC is selling this new press. And it will likely make it's way over here but there's no way to tell without opening it. So I'm just debating paying the shipping and getting it from over there.

How can you tell it's the 2nd pressing? I've been holding out on that one for that specific reason.

Back