Definitive Audiophile pressings

Funny thing is I've gotten a few hazy records lately from MOFI and AP and they also sound great. I wonder what's up with that?!
I have plenty of these situations, too. Straight from AS or Mofi or whoever, and they have weird shading and marks that aren’t scuffs but look like scuffs. And I can’t hear a thing from them.

I have plenty of these situations, too. Straight from AS or Mofi or whoever, and they have weird shading and marks that aren’t scuffs but look like scuffs. And I can’t hear a thing from them.
Exactly. Like I want to return them for "clean" copies but they sound good so might as well hang on to them.

Aren’t Cisco the people who make the junk routers and modems your internet provider gives you?
they also made what many consider to be one of the best sounding pressings of Aja!

boom boom cut it using his "Dr. Groove" nickname hahah

they also made what many consider to be one of the best sounding pressings of Aja!

boom boom cut it using his "Dr. Groove" nickname hahah

That leads to an interesting question.

If you get terrible music and give it to a great mastering engineer and press it beautifully on fancy PVC, does the music stop being terrible?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

If you get terrible music and give it to a great mastering engineer and press it beautifully on fancy PVC, does the music stop being terrible?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
people seem to like the eagles one steps so i guess so?

giphy.gif

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

You can shellac and polish a turd, but it is still a turd
@Joe Mac , I think @jamieanderson1968 nailed it, lol

That being said, we're again leaning on personal preferences. While I like Steely Dan quite a bit, I'd be hard pressed to go crazy, on Aja especially, when the mastering of the original pressing is done so well to begin with AND you can still find them at a reasonable cost. But, I did want to grab the One Step of The Nightfly..........so go figure ;)

@Joe Mac , I think @jamieanderson1968 nailed it, lol

That being said, we're again leaning on personal preferences. While I like Steely Dan quite a bit, I'd be hard pressed to go crazy, on Aja especially, when the mastering of the original pressing is done so well to begin with AND you can still find them at a reasonable cost. But, I did want to grab the One Step of The Nightfly..........so go figure ;)
yea especially at the prices that Cisco sells for now...

But back to Cisco, I have the pressing of The Guess Who - American Woman that they did and it's pretty killer.

This was going for like $28 on Amazon a couple years ago.
yep and median is $85 on discogs. MoFi had a huge turnaround in terms of desire-ability. their pressings used to be around for years. i got the MoFis of In A Silent Way and Sketches of Spain for $20-$25 each on amazon a few years ago because they had trouble selling.

Back