Definitive Audiophile pressings

just spitballing but could it one of those things where this a shipping or pressing delay and a bunch more will drop here shortly? It feels like too big of a release to produce so few of.
That’s what I’m thinking too. I’m just wondering if I actually need to buy it? The 7” would be cool to have but the Bernie Grundman press sounds amazing and it is AAA. I’m under the impression the the Ryan Smith cut is digitally remastered from the tapes? I’ll get it if it tops the BG cut though.

You may be one of the lucky few who scored one! This one s
Hard to believe they could under press one of the biggest albums of the last 30 years but with the current supply chain issues I guess it’s possible. I ordered the day it was announced simply because I needed something to couple with my coupon for the Full Moon Fever repress to get free shipping. Long story short they didn’t cut corners on the reissue it’s well done new remaster by a quality engineer if you see it and love the album grab it don’t hesitate it was done right.
I haven’t AB’d to the BG cut but this one has a gatefold and 7 inch with RKS cutting so its different, better that’s for everyone to figure out on their own. This album falls into the category of one I can have multiple copies of.

That’s what I’m thinking too. I’m just wondering if I actually need to buy it? The 7” would be cool to have but the Bernie Grundman press sounds amazing and it is AAA. I’m under the impression the the Ryan Smith cut is digitally remastered from the tapes? I’ll get it if it tops the BG cut though.
Yeah, I have the Grundman Pallas pressing also. I would be more interested the the tip-on gatefold sleeve. Depending on how cheap I can find it for.

just spitballing but could it one of those things where this a shipping or pressing delay and a bunch more will drop here shortly? It feels like too big of a release to produce so few of.
Very well could be. But he makes it seem like it was a limited release deal and the release wording was messed up. Although with the box set being pushed back, we could see more in a few months.

Hard to believe they could under press one of the biggest albums of the last 30 years but with the current supply chain issues I guess it’s possible. I ordered the day it was announced simply because I needed something to couple with my coupon for the Full Moon Fever repress to get free shipping. Long story short they didn’t cut corners on the reissue it’s well done new remaster by a quality engineer if you see it and love the album grab it don’t hesitate it was done right.
I haven’t AB’d to the BG cut but this one has a gatefold and 7 inch with RKS cutting so its different, better that’s for everyone to figure out on their own. This album falls into the category of one I can have multiple copies of.
I have the one Target put out, I believe it’s the Grundman Pallas pressing too, but I ordered the new one solely to have Endless Nameless on wax.

Not sure if this is the right thread per se, but this is pretty wild. Says he ordered 500, got 10 total from all distributors. They never advertised it as Limited Edition despite it being so. Seems this one might be near impossible to find.

I remember him making a similarly hyperbolic though not quite as extreme case for the rarity of the brown vinyl version of the most recent Billie Eilish album, and that didn’t end up being true, so I’d say only time will tell.

Mine is fine, just very slightly warped and the hole is a bit tight for the spindle, but that’s being really picky. No QRP on the deadwax but otherwise same info as Discogs. Discogs says QRP though. One weird thing is the inner is a generic one, it doesn’t have the QRP labeling on it like it usually does.
Mines good, maybe you other guys got @Mather s mail man ?

Mine was warped and had vinyl shrapnel hanging off the edge where it was cut. Also it feels lighter than 180 gram to me (not a big issue) and there’s no “QRP” in the dead wax like there has been on recent QRP presses. I honestly wonder if they had to press some of these elsewhere.

Chad mentioned in one of their videos a few months back that they were taking new space. I wonder if they’re in midst of a move and had to ask pressing help to keep up. All conjecture on my part.

I requested a replacement via Amazon - will see how the second one looks.

Same issue with mine. There’s also a chunk taken out of the vinyl impacting the lead-in groove. Spindle hole also needed some work. Hopefully the replacement is better. QC has been really poor on the last couple I’ve received from this series.

Not sure if this is the right thread per se, but this is pretty wild. Says he ordered 500, got 10 total from all distributors. They never advertised it as Limited Edition despite it being so. Seems this one might be near impossible to find.

I'm assuming he's talking about the regular vinyl and not the super deluxe one?

You'd have to guess that they won't let this just go OOP so quickly...I'm sure it's selling very well.

I'm assuming he's talking about the regular vinyl and not the super deluxe one?

You'd have to guess that they won't let this just go OOP so quickly...I'm sure it's selling very well.
Yeah, the regular vinyl. I’m not really sure. The way he makes it sound is though the label told distributors and stores that there was a mix up and it was a limited release and won’t be an in stock product. Doesn’t really seem to make sense given the popularity, but the allocation seems to be incredibly drastic. To go from ordering 500 to only getting 10, and one distributor that ordered 6,000 for 1,900 individual store order to only get 100 total units is nuts. I would get we might see more down the road, but who really knows.

Yeah, the regular vinyl. I’m not really sure. The way he makes it sound is though the label told distributors and stores that there was a mix up and it was a limited edition release. Doesn’t really seem to make sense given the popularity, but the allocation seems to be incredibly drastic. To go from ordering 500 to only getting 10, and one distributor that had 1,900 individual store order to only get 100 total units is nuts. I would get we might see more down the road, but who really knows.
yea that is crazy. but it also sounds like lots of stuff is heavily allocated lately due to pressing plant delays. i'd truly be shocked if this is limited to this small an amount.

yea that is crazy. but it also sounds like lots of stuff is heavily allocated lately due to pressing plant delays. i'd truly be shocked if this is limited to this small an amount.
Could be. The fact that it’s a Stoughton jacket seems like it could be the reason, as they’re extremely backed up. Hoping we hear more soon on what the real issue is.

Could be. The fact that it’s a Stoughton jacket seems like it could be the reason, as they’re extremely backed up. Hoping we hear more soon on what the real issue is.
Looking at some comments on Mikeowneroftheingrooveinphoenixarizona’s video and some store owners in Europe are saying they’ve got lots of copies, so it appears that the holdup may be logistical. Wasn’t sure where it was pressed but some have mentioned GZ, which would make sense.

Looking at some comments on Mikeowneroftheingrooveinphoenixarizona’s video and some store owners in Europe are saying they’ve got lots of copies, so it appears that the holdup may be logistical. Wasn’t sure where it was pressed but some have mentioned GZ, which would make sense.
@bjshawk1980 seems to think it was done at Pallas which also makes sense and would be really preferable obviously.

Screw it. I put in an order on Amazon for the Nevermind 30th reissue
Nice, I just looked it up on Amazon and they have the released tagged as the “#1 Best Seller In Rock” if it turns out to be super limited there are gonna A LOT of disappointed customers and a whole bunch of $$$ left on the table by Nirvana Inc.

Nice, I just looked it up on Amazon and they have the released tagged as the “#1 Best Seller In Rock” if it turns out to be super limited there are gonna A LOT of disappointed customers and a whole bunch of $$$ left on the table by Nirvana Inc.
Yeah there’s absolutely no way they aren’t making this as wide release as possible. There might be some snags on the manufacturing side of things but I just cannot see it being limited in any sort of way.

Back