Definitive Audiophile pressings

My VU & Nico half speed master sounds great. Way better than the other stereo pressing I had. Hard to compare to a mono bc the mix is totally different of course. I’m probably gonna go in for their third s/t now. Definitely recommend
That was my thought for both of them. The bass is a little high on Candy Says, but otherwise they were great pickups for the $20ish bucks I got them for.

That’s what Mikefromtheingroovephoenixarizona Says. He hasn’t listened to the pressing yet but said the packaging/cover is the nicest of any pressing so far
Well mine shipped from Amazon and I ordered it less than a week ago, so im thinking his video jumped the gun just a bit. I'm betting there was just some shipping problems with these and they will be plentiful.

He also said in his new arrivals video that is didn’t sound good…said he didn’t even bother with Side 2.

Last edited:
That was my thought for both of them. The bass is a little high on Candy Says, but otherwise they were great pickups for the $20ish bucks I got them for.

I can't believe you got this for $20 it's a UK release and I can't see it any cheaper than £30 +£5 postage (around $47).

I think this is the crux of the matter, if I'm paying £35 for a single 33 rpm record I expect something on Tone Poet, AP, Sam lines, If I was paying £16 or $21 I wouldn't hesitate.

Well mine shipped from Amazon and I ordered it less than a week ago, so im thinking his video jumped the gun just a bit. I'm betting there was just some shipping problems with these and they will be plentiful.

He also said in his new arrivals video that is didn’t sound good…said he didn’t even bother with Side 2.
Mine shipped from UDiscover ordered two days ago.

I can't believe you got this for $20 it's a UK release and I can't see it any cheaper than £30 +£5 postage (around $47).

I think this is the crux of the matter, if I'm paying £35 for a single 33 rpm record I expect something on Tone Poet, AP, Sam lines, If I was paying £16 or $21 I wouldn't hesitate.
It was about 24 bucks a piece shipped. It was at Udiscover here with coupons and free shipping

I got them for $21 shipped each from udiscover. It was a 40% off sale.

It’s weird that some of the “reviews” are people saying they are nervous to receive the copy or people saying it sounds bad based on mikefromtheingroove’s review
Yeah, agreed. I think it’s also a snapshot of how many people are looking for high quality releases these days. People are quick to judge releases when they hear they’re from digital files, and in many cases rightfully so. But it’s not always a precursor to a bad sounding pressing - a release can be digital and still sound good. But honestly, it doesn’t make sense in this case given that the former in print version was a BG analog cut.

Back