Definitive Audiophile pressings

Mine was warped and had vinyl shrapnel hanging off the edge where it was cut. Also it feels lighter than 180 gram to me (not a big issue) and there’s no “QRP” in the dead wax like there has been on recent QRP presses. I honestly wonder if they had to press some of these elsewhere.

Chad mentioned in one of their videos a few months back that they were taking new space. I wonder if they’re in midst of a move and had to ask pressing help to keep up. All conjecture on my part.

I requested a replacement via Amazon - will see how the second one looks.
I received mine yesterday. I was thinking of leaving it until this weekend until I can clean it, but I guess I'll check it tonight.

Mine was warped and had vinyl shrapnel hanging off the edge where it was cut. Also it feels lighter than 180 gram to me (not a big issue) and there’s no “QRP” in the dead wax like there has been on recent QRP presses. I honestly wonder if they had to press some of these elsewhere.

Chad mentioned in one of their videos a few months back that they were taking new space. I wonder if they’re in midst of a move and had to ask pressing help to keep up. All conjecture on my part.

I requested a replacement via Amazon - will see how the second one looks.
it sounds like you were sent the wrong one potentially? does the other deadwax match up with the AS pressing?

Anyone else disappointed by the mastering for the new War On Drugs album? Everything is pushed to the front, not a lot of space between instruments and just overall compressed sound. Very disappointing. I wonder if that sound was conscious or not? It does sound very 80’s ish.

Anyone else disappointed by the mastering for the new War On Drugs album? Everything is pushed to the front, not a lot of space between instruments and just overall compressed sound. Very disappointing. I wonder if that sound was conscious or not? It does sound very 80’s ish.
haven't gotten the vinyl yet.

It had the hype sticker and it’s definitely Stoughton gatefold. I’ll need to check the dead wax again.
Mine is fine, just very slightly warped and the hole is a bit tight for the spindle, but that’s being really picky. No QRP on the deadwax but otherwise same info as Discogs. Discogs says QRP though. One weird thing is the inner is a generic one, it doesn’t have the QRP labeling on it like it usually does.

Mine is fine, just very slightly warped and the hole is a bit tight for the spindle, but that’s being really picky. No QRP on the deadwax but otherwise same info as Discogs. Discogs says QRP though. One weird thing is the inner is a generic one, it doesn’t have the QRP labeling on it like it usually does.

Didn't something similar happen with one of the VMP Classics? It came in an unmarked QRP-type inner and caused some confusion. I don't remember which and what was the conclusion.

It had the hype sticker and it’s definitely Stoughton gatefold. I’ll need to check the dead wax again.
Looked at mine again and I actually have the same as you. Generic rice paper inner + don't see QRP in the deadwax. I guess I had just assumed since the hype sticker says manufactured by QRP and mine was flat and sounds great. My deadwax matches the one on discogs.

I enjoyed it though I think @zdkaiser was saying he didn’t care much for the mastering.

Not sure if this is the right thread per se, but this is pretty wild. Says he ordered 500, got 10 total from all distributors. They never advertised it as Limited Edition despite it being so. Seems this one might be near impossible to find.

Last edited:
This whole series has come in generic rice paper sleeves if I recall correctly.

Back