Definitive Audiophile pressings

Hoping these will be widely available as a repress. I slept on Pastel Blues and Love Supreme because I have other pressings but these are tempting.
Personally, I think they are gonna sell out again pretty quickly. They will likely repress again but who knows with the state of the vinyl industry/pressing plants. The Tone Poets have been taking forever to get represses done. I know the AS series is a bit different since AS owns QRP but still...they have more in the series to come out and will likely prioritize the new releases.

Speakers Corner pressing of Wynton Kelly Trio/Wes Montgomery Smokin' at the Half Note came through today as well. Such an awesome jazz record. Speakers Corner has yet to let me down.

Also enjoying the Echo & The Bunnymen reissues but don't have any other pressings to compare to.
I have OGs of Heaven Up Here and Porcupine. I like the OGs more. The soundstage is bigger and airier, the drums are punchier, the vocals are richer in tone.

The reissues sound good too, with a nice balanced mix. Just not as good as the OGs.

Last edited:
Not sure where best to post this, and my searching didn't reveal a "The Clash" thread, so I'll just put it here.

If you are a Clash completist with relatively deep pockets, Acoustic Sounds has listed quite a few The Clash albums and singles from the Topper Collection: Buy Vinyl Records and CDs from acousticsoundsvault at Discogs Marketplace

(Just scroll down a bit and you'll hit a run of their titles.)

Looks like these were back in stock briefly. Nice to see they are still on the repress list.

Working like a dog yesterday so I missed the Instagram on my watch. 7hrs later the email announcement hit my phone but that was likely hrs after they were gone.

Strangely to the best of my knowledge the MoFi vinyl feature page never updated to show them in stock. 🤔

Looks like these were back in stock briefly. Nice to see they are still on the repress list.

Working like a dog yesterday so I missed the Instagram on my watch. 7hrs later the email announcement hit my phone but that was likely hrs after they were gone.

Strangely to the best of my knowledge the MoFi vinyl feature page never updated to show them in stock. 🤔
B-52s s/t is available at MD as of this morning: The B-52's - The B-52's (Numbered EDITION Vinyl LP) | Shop Music Direct

the AS Mingus x 5 sounds solid! RKS cut it. Also enjoying the Echo & The Bunnymen reissues but don't have any other pressings to compare to.
I am here to confirm that the Mingus x5 does indeed sound great. I bought the vital Vinyl reissue back a year or two ago and was very underwhelmed. This pressing though stands right up with the other AAA Mingus records I own. Definitely a must buy for Mingus heads or fans of this album.

I've been curious about the most recent remasters of Traffic albums and have read a bunch of reviews that hadn't swayed me one way or the other, but with some recent sales, I picked up Low Spark of High Heeled Boys and John Barleycorn Must Die. Looks like they're pressed by GZ Media, but I haven't seen anything definitive about the source, or the mastering. Anyway, both sound very good. For starters, they're flat, clean and quiet, and those last two are hard to come by with OG's in the wild. (I probably have had at least 6 different copies of JBMD over the years and I don't think I've ever had a consistently quiet copy.) Everything in the mix seems pretty well defined, and overall SQ is damn good for the price. Now I kind of regret that I didn't buy the Studio Albums 1967-1974 box when I had the chance to pick it up at a discount, since I think I've read that these individual releases are breakouts from that box.

I've been curious about the most recent remasters of Traffic albums and have read a bunch of reviews that hadn't swayed me one way or the other, but with some recent sales, I picked up Low Spark of High Heeled Boys and John Barleycorn Must Die. Looks like they're pressed by GZ Media, but I haven't seen anything definitive about the source, or the mastering. Anyway, both sound very good. For starters, they're flat, clean and quiet, and those last two are hard to come by with OG's in the wild. (I probably have had at least 6 different copies of JBMD over the years and I don't think I've ever had a consistently quiet copy.) Everything in the mix seems pretty well defined, and overall SQ is damn good for the price. Now I kind of regret that I didn't buy the Studio Albums 1967-1974 box when I had the chance to pick it up at a discount, since I think I've read that these individual releases are breakouts from that box.

if ya have a 40% off coupon at udiscover....if not, keep an eye out around black friday!

if ya have a 40% off coupon at udiscover....if not, keep an eye out around black friday!
I’ve got an unused Sound of Vinyl code if they have it there

Man, that price seems a lot higher than I remember. And at this point, I can buy the remaining 4 albums individually for a total of about $70! :D

Man, that price seems a lot higher than I remember. And at this point, I can buy the remaining 4 albums individually for a total of about $70! :D
Yea if ya already have a few and the rest are broken out, the box probably doesn’t make sense!

I am here to confirm that the Mingus x5 does indeed sound great. I bought the vital Vinyl reissue back a year or two ago and was very underwhelmed. This pressing though stands right up with the other AAA Mingus records I own. Definitely a must buy for Mingus heads or fans of this album.
You tease, mines out for delivery today

Back