Definitive Audiophile pressings

Yeah it’s €129 list at my local which is steep for 4LPs and those guys are fair with their pricing. To be honest I have the blue blue and the Rhino Ladies so I’m just going to wait for the first two to come out stand-alone.

I'm tempted. I've never sold any records, still trying to sort them out, but looking at the listing on discogs, If I could get £60 for the Blue Vinyl one, I think I could pre-order the box for around £90

edit - £30 outlay seems quite tempting

Maybe they’ll eventually limit/stop the new box and repress the other some time down the road, when the new box is done. But that could be a long time!

Seems like a huge waste of money to remaster 4 albums just for a box set. I’d have expected it was much more likely that they just release the box contents individually after a period of exclusivity.

Anyone have any opinions on the Kevin Grey cut Giant Steps on Rhino ? Very good price on Amz right now. I have a good cd but would like to have on wax. Thanks.
Amazon product ASIN B00070DK46
I just got my Amazon Giant Step and unfortunately, it wasn’t the KPG cut Rhino Pressing. It’s a Euro WEA reissue pressed at Optimal...
The reviews aren’t terrible but I might still return it. I’ll ponder it for a bit.

I just got my Amazon Giant Step and unfortunately, it wasn’t the KPG cut Rhino Pressing. It’s a Euro WEA reissue pressed at Optimal...
The reviews aren’t terrible but I might still return it. I’ll ponder it for a bit.
Well, after reviewing the Discogs comments it looks like @AnthonyI has this version and said it “sounds fantastic”. You still a fan Tony?

Well, after reviewing the Discogs comments it looks like @AnthonyI has this version and said it “sounds fantastic”. You still a fan Tony?
I own that version as well. No complaints from me. Pressed at Optimal. Though I do remember Coltrane was panned hard to one side, which I didn't necessarily care for too much.

Also, the gods will smite you for returning a John Coltrane record. I'm pretty sure it's the 11th commandment.

Looking more into the KPG cut of Giant Step, it looks like at least some of them where pressed at Rainbo so this Optimal press might be the best way to go as far as affordable reissue go.

This is the one I got, can be pretty cheap & it's mono so you don't have the hard panning. Not KG but sounds pretty good.

This is the one I got, can be pretty cheap & it's mono so you don't have the hard panning. Not KG but sounds pretty good.

Yeah, that one is supposed to be pretty good. The Coltrane in mono box that is a part of got pretty good reviews I think.

I still have no issues on this pressing, It sounds great to me. And I apologize, I should have been more clear that I thought the LP sounded fine, but was not the KG press.

$80 an album on the Blue Note and Verve sets. A bit steep but there are some sold out ones in there.

Just picked up a pile of Bellers mastered Tom Petty pressings. These are really fantastic masters and pressings and released as “back to black“ so cheap as chips.
Which ones? I recently ordered Echo and the She's the One soundtrack that should be Bellman pressings, but I haven't received them yet. I guess all of the Vol. 1 box set should be Bellmans as well.

Phish - Lawn Boy (Olfactory Hues Version)
mastered from the original 2" analog reels by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering.

Amazon product ASIN B092CBN8L2
I'm a huge Phish fan (I know . . . haters gonna hate), who, like most fans never listens to studio albums. I did buy this on CD when it was released (edit -- the Elektra reissue in 1992), and I may have to check out a good vinyl version.

Back