Definitive Audiophile pressings

If you're signed up for the newsletter they gave a presale code for earlier in the day. That's kinda awesome.
Just received my code as well. Nicely done on Craft’s part.

Kudos to you for being so helpful/active on Hoffman. I honestly don’t know how you do it. Those old grumps are insufferable

The newsletter also said they heard the complaints about the small run and though it was too late to change that for this release, they were adjusting things to make future releases a bigger quantity, which was nice.

That makes sense initially. Using a process that only gets 1,000 records per lacquer you’re not going to incur the costs of having Bernie Grundman cut multiple lacquers until you know that the product can sell.

I blinked and missed when everyone was talking about MoFi's (questionable) releases of classic rock. I have The Cars self titled album from them, sounds great. Has anyone heard the Candy-O or Heartbeat City releases? I am pondering if I should backorder them on Musicdirect.

Early code is great....Here’s hoping there are only 299 of us signed up for the newsletter that want one. :). No pressure.
Yes, so basically now instead of having a shot at 1000 copies. We have to mash refresh along with 5000 other people and bots on pre order trying to get 300, then race over to the other site and fight for the remaining 700 with the same 4700 other people and bots who missed out... awesome.

Yes, so basically now instead of having a shot at 1000 copies. We have to mash refresh along with 5000 other people and bots on pre order trying to get 300, then race over to the other site and fight for the remaining 700 with the same 4700 other people and bots who missed out... awesome.
it's gonna be a shit show either way. I'd rather have 2 chances to get a copy!

Yes, so basically now instead of having a shot at 1000 copies. We have to mash refresh along with 5000 other people on pre order trying to get 300, then race over to the other site and fight for the remaining 700 with the same 4700 other people who missed out... awesome.
I know they went quick last time but I had no issues at all. I wouldn’t have known it was so in demand if I hadn’t seen posts about it afterwards. There was certainly no crashes my end.

With that being said I think the hype around the series has grown a lot since the Lush Life was released, so might be an increase in people wanting this one. I know I had more messages than ever on Instagram from people that were annoyed they didn’t get on the site in time.

I know they went quick last time but I had no issues at all. I wouldn’t have known it was so in demand if I hadn’t seen posts about it afterwards. There was certainly no crashes my end.

With that being said I think the hype around the series has grown a lot since the Lush Life was released, so might be an increase in people wanting this one. I know I had more messages than ever on Instagram from people that were annoyed they didn’t get on the site in time.
Just look at the stupid sale prices for Lush Life on cogs. The flippers will be out in full force now. It's gunna be a mess.

Yeah, same here. I was way late to Lush Life, used some promo code to take off $15 and checked out no problem.

the difference is that A) there was no preannouncement and B) there were no other pressings in the series at that point. The fact that these are priced at $400+ on the secondhand market means that flippers are gonna be circling these even more than last time too and there is greater awareness of the releases. It's not as popular a title but i'd bet almost anything that the site crashes and this is more like trying to get the Bowie Brilliant Adventures releases or something.

The good thing is that they said future pressings will have larger numbers. The first 2 have just been in production for well over a year.

Just look at the stupid sale prices for Lush Life on cogs. The flippers will be out in full force now. It's gunna be a mess.
I've had success by using multiple tabs on my internet browser. A few minutes before the release drops, I log into my Paypal account on one tab. Then check out on a separate tab and it won't require you to re-log into paypal. That speeds up the process a bit. Saves a good 30 sec to a minute, which doesn't sound like a lot, but sometimes it matters with how ridiculous these pre-orders (and flippers) have become.

I also have an extra pre-release code if anyone wants it. PM me.

I think this will depend to some extent on whether Craft provides pre-sale codes to people who sign up for the newsletter between now and Friday. Now that the word is out about the 'benefit' of having signed up for the newsletter, I'm sure there will be a lot more people doing so in hopes of receiving a pre-sale code.

I blinked and missed when everyone was talking about MoFi's (questionable) releases of classic rock. I have The Cars self titled album from them, sounds great. Has anyone heard the Candy-O or Heartbeat City releases? I am pondering if I should backorder them on Musicdirect.
I have the MoFi S/T and Heartbeat City. If you like S/T, you’ll like Heartbeat. I think they both sound great. Not sure if Candy-O was part of that series or if it’s an earlier release so I can’t vouch for that one.

I think this will depend to some extent on whether Craft provides pre-sale codes to people who sign up for the newsletter between now and Friday. Now that the word is out about the 'benefit' of having signed up for the newsletter, I'm sure there will be a lot more people doing so in hopes of receiving a pre-sale code.
i would be very surprised if they send more presale codes out. i don't see them emailing out more people who didn't sign up yet. they have been telling people to sign up for more details so i see it as a reward for the people who already signed up. just no clue how many people signed up. i don't believe it automatically signed you up if you bought the first one.

i would be very surprised if they send more presale codes out. i don't see them emailing out more people who didn't sign up yet. they have been telling people to sign up for more details so i see it as a reward for the people who already signed up. just no clue how many people signed up. i don't believe it automatically signed you up if you bought the first one.
This makes sense to me, and of course I hope you're right!

Back