Definitive Audiophile pressings

@MikeH I just saw the shit show over on the Hoffman forum regarding the Yusef Lateef One Step.

That's the exact reason I stopped heading over there, people just assume they can demand information from you whilst being aggressively sceptical of everything you say. So much anger.

Did you ever here the story of the bad hoff telling lies about a Roy Orbison master tape, inviting two MoFi engineers to confirm their source material for an upcoming issue of the same release, them joining, saying that the tapes he was referring to didn’t exist and then him banning them.

Or the one about his various “sock puppet” accounts that exist mainly as sycophants but that he’s built up really bizarre interlocking backstories with himself...

Or the one of him being sacked by MCA for taking home master tapes and splicing them with his own re-eq ed tapes and not being allowed near universal releases to this day because of it.

Did you ever here the story of the bad hoff telling lies about a Roy Orbison master tape, inviting two MoFi engineers to confirm their source material for an upcoming issue of the same release, them joining, saying that the tapes he was referring to didn’t exist and then him banning them.

Or the one about his various “sock puppet” accounts that exist mainly as sycophants but that he’s built up really bizarre interlocking backstories with himself...

Or the one of him being sacked by MCA for taking home master tapes and splicing them with his own re-eq ed tapes and not being allowed near universal releases to this day because of it.
Damn, no I have not heard of that! Just crazy.

I realised my previous post was vague, so essentially @MikeH (pretty sure it was you?) posted about the upcoming One Step and certain individuals began aggressively commenting asking for sources, proof, etc. One guy even drafted a patronising response which he would be happy with and copied Mike into it, telling him that this is what they are after.

Last edited:

But they always seem so friendly over there ;)

Damn, no I have bot heard of that! Just crazy.

I realised my previous post was vague, so essentially @MikeH (pretty sure it was you?) posted about the upcoming One Step and certain individuals began aggressively commenting asking for sources, proof, etc. One guy even drafted a patronising response which he would be happy with and copied Mike into it, telling him that this is what they are after.

Yeah I did see that. Par for course over there. If you think they’re bad about records don’t go near the gear threads unless you’re oligarch level rich and like condescending the plebs.

But they always seem so friendly over there ;)

Hahahaha!

Yeah, the idea that creations mirror their creator is 100% true for that cesspit!

Damn, no I have not heard of that! Just crazy.

Yep. That was the hilarious one hah. I made a comment that Craft said preorders would be up this week and people should sign up for the newsletter. A guy asked me to cite my sources and demanded proof and that I write my responses in a certain way hahah I try not to participate too much over there. Some people are really nice and helpful over there. I find it's still pretty good to find opinions on older pressings or what might be the best sounding pressing of albums. But then you have other people there that are insane and condescending.

this just went up. not for sale yet:

PUBLIC PRE-SALE LAUNCHING FRIDAY, MARCH 26TH AT 2PM PST.

@zdkaiser

this just went up. not for sale yet:

PUBLIC PRE-SALE LAUNCHING FRIDAY, MARCH 26TH AT 2PM PST.

@zdkaiser
Perfect. Just set an alarm on my cell phone for 10-min prior to the drop. Hopefully the work meeting I am leading that day ends a bit early.

If you're signed up for the newsletter they gave a presale code for earlier in the day. That's kinda awesome.

Ahhhh, gotcha. Just out of curiosity, did any Canadiens order the Lush Life? Wondering what total cost was after shipping...

The newsletter also said they heard the complaints about the small run and though it was too late to change that for this release, they were adjusting things to make future releases a bigger quantity, which was nice.
Anyone know where you're actually supposed to PUT the code? I know the pre sale isn't up but... not exactly clear?

Back