Definitive Audiophile pressings

My guy Kevin "Dr. Groove" Gray did the OG pressing of A Ghost is Born which is the copy I have. Doesn't seem to have been reissued. The others are done by a bunch of different people:

BG did the 2009 Being There 2xLP (pressed at Pallas).

OG Sky Blue Sky is Stan Ricker half speed mastered and pressed at RTI. 2020 reissue used the same plates it seems.

2020 Summerteeth is CB pressed at RTI in the US.

Not sure about Yankee Hotel but the 2008 was pressed at Pallas I think. Says it was mastered at RTI on discogs too.

No wonder all their records sound awesome...
Man, what a lineup! This is why N&G is the greatest place to hang. Mike with this info in minutes.

YHF Mastered by Steve Rooke at Abbey Road Studio's, London .
thanks! i couldn't tell because it says mastered at RTI and mastered at Abbey Road. The 2008 comes with a CD and vinyl so I assumed that Abbey Road did the CD mastering and RTI did the vinyl.

Mine too. I had a feeling that would happen so I ordered it from Plaidroom when they had their sale the other day.
Yeah it seemed very likely to get canceled. I don’t really love the album enough to pay full price for it but $40 or whatever the target discount would have come to was juuuuuuust right.

Yeah it seemed very likely to get canceled. I don’t really love the album enough to pay full price for it but $40 or whatever the target discount would have come to was juuuuuuust right.
Yea. Mine was marked at $35. I'm hoping my $35 MoFi of Harry Nilsson through Sound of Vinyl ends up happening still though! Still no release date on that one.

Yea. Mine was marked at $35. I'm hoping my $35 MoFi of Harry Nilsson through Sound of Vinyl ends up happening still though! Still no release date on that one.

My deep discount one is still showing 26/3.

By the way just spinning the first of the rhino Waits to arrive, Small Change. It is Bellman in the deadwax and it is perfection.

Thanks! Added to my streaming list. I think I know of them originally from Ben Folds' cover of Twin Falls so I'm excited to actually check em out.
It's a good price point to get in if you like them. When someone is able to produce this quality at this price it makes me grumpy with all these expensive records.

Ya know, they are a band I always wanted to check and and just never did. Any recs on an album to start with?
Keep It Like a Secret is my personal favorite but you can’t go wrong with any of their first 3 records (and really their entire catalogue). They are one of the great guitar bands of the past 30 years.

Thanks! Added to my streaming list. I think I know of them originally from Ben Folds' cover of Twin Falls so I'm excited to actually check em out.
That album, There Is Nothing Wrong With Love, is also essential, imo. All three offer something different I think but Keep It Like A Secret is maybe more accessible.

Mad I slept on that Live album. Sick (20 min) cover of Cortez The Killer on there.

Back