Definitive Audiophile pressings

AP plates are owned by AP not the originating record label or Grundman. Unless Chad gives Craft the plate work, they will have to cut anew. Chad would want real money for that. Besides, they could not be used for a one-step.

I have the AP Sax pressing, which is excellent. Done.
Right. I didn’t think they would use the plates for the One Step although BG already would have his mastering notes so no reason to think that he couldn’t copy the notes for at least the basis of his mix...I wouldn’t be shocked to see Craft do Way Out West and have BG do it AAA again.

really curious to see what their next title will be.

Right. I didn’t think they would use the plates for the One Step although BG already would have his mastering notes so no reason to think that he couldn’t copy the notes for at least the basis of his mix...I wouldn’t be shocked to see Craft do Way Out West and have BG do it AAA again.

really curious to see what their next title will be.
Assuming Bernie made notes! He probably had like two hours studio time at most to do it, maybe even less.

To be honest, I'm not on the One-Step fad. I would love for VMP to do a RKS AAA Way Out West.

Assuming Bernie made notes! He probably had like two hours studio time at most to do it, maybe even less.

To be honest, I'm not on the One-Step fad. I would love for VMP to do a RKS AAA Way Out West.
If VMP does it, it will just be an exclusive of an existing press, Sonny Rollins was already in Classics and I'd be stunned if it was an Essentials pick.

My guess is that it or Walkin' are the most likely next jazz titles in this Craft series.

The video I saw had Bernie complaining that there were no notes on the master tape so I’m assuming he probably takes notes. Would be a shame and surprising if he didn’t.

I like the one steps I have quite a lot. Don’t think I’d buy it for every title and I’m out for most of the upcoming MoFi ones. I might be in on a lot of the Craft ones depending on title though. I missed a ton of the earlier APs that are now more expensive than the Craft One Steps assuming the Craft one sounds great.

What One Steps (UHQR) have AP done besides Hendrix and Tull? Or did you just mean AP pressing in general?

I can’t speak for @MikeH but I have a similar sentiment. To pick up the standard AP version of Lush Life would have been more for me than the Craft one step.

I would love AP to repress a bunch of titles. But if Craft are going to do some titles that I want, then great, I’ll be very excited by the one steps. Definitely more so than the MoFi, both from a price point and from potential titles.

I can’t speak for @MikeH but I have a similar sentiment. To pick up the standard AP version of Lush Life would have been more for me than the Craft one step.

I would love AP to repress a bunch of titles. But if Craft are going to do some titles that I want, then great, I’ll be very excited by the one steps. Definitely more so than the MoFi, both from a price point and from potential titles.
This! 💯

I want some more new titles from Analogue Productions too! I do have a lot from Acoustic Sounds I’d like to pick-up however, so no rush for Analogue Productions to repress titles etc!

I just finished listening to the MoFi pressing for Janis Joplin’s Pearl and I just want to say that the pressing sounds outstanding! The open soundstage, energy, clarity and Janis’ vocals all sounded incredibly alive and juicy! I’m now listening to the Analogue Productions pressing for Willie Nelson’s Stardust and the pressing quality on this one is even more amazing! It’s just perfection! ♥️

E6BA7687-C33B-449E-84B0-4708AA044486.jpeg

This! 💯

I want some more new titles from Analogue Productions too! I do have a lot from Acoustic Sounds I’d like to pick-up however, so no rush for Analogue Productions to repress titles etc!
I should have mentioned that. Everything I say is on the proviso that they hold off releasing anything until I’ve got my act together, organised and cleaned my records and sold enough so tray I have a fund to buy more :)

I just finished listening to the MoFi pressing for Janis Joplin’s Pearl and I just want to say that the pressing sounds outstanding! The open soundstage, energy, clarity and Janis’ vocals all sounded incredibly alive and juicy! I’m now listening to the Analogue Productions pressing for Willie Nelson’s Stardust and the pressing quality on this one is even more amazing! It’s just perfection! ♥️

View attachment 84158

that Stardust is fantastic

What One Steps (UHQR) have AP done besides Hendrix and Tull? Or did you just mean AP pressing in general?
I mean the older APs as @Andy correctly guessed. Most of the earlier ones, especially jazz, are well over $100 now. There are tons of titles that were once in print.

as for UHQR on vinyl, that series has been around for a LONG time. They originally did DSOTM, Sgt Pepper, Crime of the Century, Tea for the Tillerman, I, Robot and a few others. Those go for hundreds, if not over $1,000 now.

Reactions: Tyr
I mean the older APs as @Andy correctly guessed. Most of the earlier ones, especially jazz, are well over $100 now. There are tons of titles that were once in print.

as for UHQR on vinyl, that series has been around for a LONG time. They originally did DSOTM, Sgt Pepper, Crime of the Century, Tea for the Tillerman, I, Robot and a few others. Those go for hundreds, if not over $1,000 now.
Right, I'm familiar with the old MFSL UHQR JVC series, with the current AP series being its own distinct thing apart from MFSL's.

I thought by your wording you were saying that AP had a deep catalog of UHQR releases.

Right, I'm familiar with the old MFSL UHQR JVC series, with the current AP series being its own distinct thing apart from MFSL's.

I thought by your wording you were saying that AP had a deep catalog of UHQR releases.
Nah, was just saying that I’d be fine with the AP quality on a lot of these titles but they are more expensive than the One Steps now. APs in general sound fantastic so I’d be fine paying $35 for a single LP of those but don’t wanna drop $150+ on one title for a standard AP pressing

Nah, was just saying that I’d be fine with the AP quality on a lot of these titles but they are more expensive than the One Steps now. APs in general sound fantastic so I’d be fine paying $35 for a single LP of those but don’t wanna drop $150+ on one title for a standard AP pressing
Ah, okay. I'm picking up what you're putting down. I'm in the same camp. I've got five of the UD1S and the UHQR of Hendrix ABAL stereo. The luster has worn off for me.

I've got a load of regular AP & MOFIs - both 33 and 45s - and AP & MOFIs SACDs. Honestly, at the price point of UD1S and UHQR it's diminishing returns and I find it harder and harder to purchase them. Before I was more indiscriminate about titles - I mean, I had to at least like the album but even if I already had a good copy I'd be like "Oh, well it's super fucking vinyl so I've got to have it". I've mostly remedied my thought process on that.

I, too, would rather just get a reg AP or MOFI (or equivalent quality) at $35-50 and be able to buy multiple albums for the cost of one of the "super vinyl". Less money out of my wallet, more records per dollar, and more records per inch of shelving real estate.

Ah, okay. I'm picking up what you're putting down. I'm in the same camp. I've got five of the UD1S and the UHQR of Hendrix ABAL stereo. The luster has worn off for me.

I've got a load of regular AP & MOFIs - both 33 and 45s - and AP & MOFIs SACDs. Honestly, at the price point of UD1S and UHQR it's diminishing returns and I find it harder and harder to purchase them. Before I was more indiscriminate about titles - I mean, I had to at least like the album but even if I already had a good copy I'd be like "Oh, well it's super fucking vinyl so I've got to have it". I've mostly remedied my thought process on that.

I, too, would rather just get a reg AP or MOFI (or equivalent quality) at $35-50 and be able to buy multiple albums for the cost of one of the "super vinyl". Less money out of my wallet, more records per dollar, and more records per inch of shelving real estate.
Yea it’s just that so many of the titles I want are OOP and too expensive now. I don’t care about the supervinyl or one step THAT much. It’s more about the mastering/cutting. I’m not too gun shy about the One Steps because they largely hold their value and increase. I’ll probably sell/trade my copy of Yes for some records I’ll listen to more eventually.

Yea it’s just that so many of the titles I want are OOP and too expensive now. I don’t care about the supervinyl or one step THAT much. It’s more about the mastering/cutting. I’m not too gun shy about the One Steps because they largely hold their value and increase. I’ll probably sell/trade my copy of Yes for some records I’ll listen to more eventually.
True about them holding their value. I don't think there's one that you couldn't resell used for more than you paid brand new.

No shame I sometimes buy two copies of things that I know are going to go OOP in the scheme of selling one in order to get my copy for free and even make a profit.

Alright audiophile snobz, I need help... Ziggy Stardust. I have no Bowie in my collection at all because the sheer number of pressings is so insane that I haven't event attempted to parse through them all to see what newer pressings are up to snuff. Thoughts? Is there a repress of Ziggy that's particularly good that I can aim for?

Back