Definitive Audiophile pressings

It will be interesting to see if the items move or not.
A good temp check from the story fallout.
I'm pro free market and see where the chips fall on this. However, all of these can be picked up right now through other online sources like Discogs for a hell of a lot less. Sorry...but anyone dropping cash on these via Acoustic Sounds is either an idiot or misinformed on market prices.

I'm pro free market and see where the chips fall on this. However, all of these can be picked up right now through other online sources like Discogs for a hell of a lot less. Sorry...but anyone dropping cash on these via Acoustic Sounds is either an idiot or misinformed on market prices.
Yeah, some people just want the convivence I suppose.

I mean look at how many people have been paying way over for MSRP for a car lately just so they did not have to wait.
People are impatient and irresponsible with money. Not saying these are the same people buying these records LoL

They went up yesterday on Mofi's site and sold out in a few hours. Pulled the trigger on those two myself. You think they will have more copies going up?
nope! nevermind. completely missed that since I've been off the site for a bit. i monitor the back in stock page and got a notice that it changed so thought they had just added them now :)

Dude, so got that Acoustic Sounds marketing email this morning pimping that "Michigan" Collection. They put up all the Mofi titles and holy fucking shit. Fuck these guys. Pretty much every title is 2 to 3 times the going rate on Discogs. What gives?

View attachment 146503

Rem: they only do it for the love of the music. “It’s all about the music”…Breathe 🧘 ….repeat.

Not quite true for the only one I looked at, which was Elvis Costello's Imperial Bedroom. Even so, I agree completely with the sentiment that this is an unnecessary money-grab.

Not quite true for the only one I looked at, which was Elvis Costello's Imperial Bedroom. Even so, I agree completely with the sentiment that this is an unnecessary money-grab.
That one is less egregious than some of the others. However, still can pick up for less. Its blatant gouging on most all the titles they put up for sale. Ultimately the market will bear out what people are willing to pay for. All the power to them.

1658421644523.png

1658421671748.png

That one is less egregious than some of the others. However, still can pick up for less. Its blatant gouging on most all the titles they put up for sale. Ultimately the market will bear out what people are willing to pay for. All the power to them.

View attachment 146523

View attachment 146524
They also listed one as M- that was not sealed for $100 but yes, I agree with you.

View attachment 146523

View attachment 146524

Around-About also prices really high on what I've seen, so if MoFi is 30% more than they are...eeeek.

None of this is too shocking.

I've always thought that the "From The Master Tapes" speak is all marketing jargon to be taken with a grain of salt.

Unless the release specifically says "Cut From The Master Tapes" - then I think it's from digital intermediate or a later tape backup.

And even then I would think that it's possible they are skirting the lines a bit.

Even the use of AAA isn't really what it actually means - and doesn't exactly mean full analog anymore.

The original AAA Spars code was for Analog recording / Analog mixing / Analog mastering.

Now it is being used for Analog recording / Analog mastering / Analog playback medium.

This doesn't exclude the use of digital somewhere along the line.
The modern definition is stupid. I know what the medium I am playing is.

The modern definition is stupid. I know what the medium I am playing is.

Yeah.

This topic came up in the Discogs forums last year. An "AAA" on the hype sticker was making someone add a bunch of SPARS code edits to vinyl releases...which really isn't a thing. And they were also making up an AAA Spars code for "All Analog" releases.

It wasn't a bad forum discussion for Discogs.

20220721_135816.jpg
Well I gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised. This 76 JP does sound really nice and full. Not bright or thin at all. I think the newer remaster helped clean up the drums and cymbals, but on the whole I find it too bright. This version has muddier drums and cymbals, but otherwise I much prefer the full sound on this one, still got good stage and depth and punch, but it's got that kinda dirty full sound that I expect from Zep. Very nice, @Turbo I agree with you. This is a keeper. Can it sound better? I'm sure the Classics records beats it, but can it beat it for $48? Nnnnnnno.

Back