Definitive Audiophile pressings

Joe stop laughing at me.

Sorry! I read through your big long talk about the electric scooter and imagined @NathanRicaud reading it, deciding it was the coolest thing ever, raiding his pension fund further to buy one, it turning up without the charger and rather than emailing asking for a charger binning it becuse its useless. I was still laughing at that when I saw your microscope picture.

Plaidroom (and MoFi) now have restocks on Dylan - Oh Mercy.
Hoping this means my Target order is going to ship soon! I think this is the last batch of pressings for it. It's not a must-have for me, but at $35 from Target I grabbed it.

Hoping this means my Target order is going to ship soon! I think this is the last batch of pressings for it. It's not a must-have for me, but at $35 from Target I grabbed it.

Yeah the shop in Scotland I buy from has told me mine is about to ship too because they just got the stock in after the repress.

Thats a pretty fucking huge battery for a scooter...

Does it go very far or very fast.
Apparently like 40 km range and about 45 km speed. But I think that's being generous. It's technically a bike so you don't need a license, so the speed has to be under 35 for it to be allowed on the roads. But it's so massive that everyone thinks you're a motorcycle so they can't figure out why you're going so slow

Basically it's an awesome looking death trap.

Last edited:
Apparently like 40 km range and about 40 km speed. But I think that's being generous. It's technically a bike so you don't need a license, so the speed has to be under 35 for it to be allowed on the roads. But it's so massive that everyone thinks you're a motorcycle so they can't figure out why your going so slow

Basically it's an awesome looking death trap.

Hahaha! Going that much slower than the traffic would worry me on something so big, I’d feel safer going the same speed as them! That said I rode a Vespa around Spain last and at one stage on a main road was doing 70mph, that was genuinely terrifying 😂.

Also it must weigh a tonnnes because if it’s that heavy with that big d battery I’d expect a tad more range!

Hahaha! Going that much slower than the traffic would worry me on something so big, I’d feel safer going the same speed as them! That said I rode a Vespa around Spain last and at one stage on a main road was doing 70mph, that was genuinely terrifying 😂.
I just use it for quick runs to the grocery store (or the pub). No way in hell would I ever take that thing on main roads. I'd be dead in an hour. It's 6.5 feet long and weighs 250 lbs.

I love it. That is the perfect pub transport.

I had to see one in action. I'm not sure that they guy in the demo video is entirely comfortable hitting the open road.

Haha yep, that's the newer slightly less big and badass looking version of mine. But probably easier to find a place to park it.

@Joe Mac someone on SHF was talking about the REM masters from the era you were mentioning and sadly, the original masters of the early REM might have been destroyed in the UMG fires...I think Capitol bought I.R.S. Records and in turn became UMG's property. Suposedly IRS was also notoriously bad for preserving things and just threw out a lot and didn't take care of the masters. REM seems to own all the masters post 1988 which is why Concord now has them.

@Joe Mac someone on SHF was talking about the REM masters from the era you were mentioning and sadly, the original masters of the early REM might have been destroyed in the UMG fires...I think Capitol bought I.R.S. Records and in turn became UMG's property. Suposedly IRS was also notoriously bad for preserving things and just threw out a lot and didn't take care of the masters. REM seems to own all the masters post 1988 which is why Concord now has them.

Boo! I actually own all but 2 of them, I’ll have to get onto picking those 2 up...

Back