Definitive Audiophile pressings

Those of you in Europe, any suggestions as to where to pick up the 50th Anniversary of What's Going On?

I guess all copies being sold here in Germany have a misleading hype sticker. I'd prefer the KG Cut.

I bought it from @Ethos99 over at PBC. I don’t know if he has any copies left but I did have to bundle with some other buys to make the shipping cost worthwhile.

Those of you in Europe, any suggestions as to where to pick up the 50th Anniversary of What's Going On?

I guess all copies being sold here in Germany have a misleading hype sticker. I'd prefer the KG Cut.
i think you have to buy it from the US sadly. KG seems to think that perhaps the metalwork broke and they reused a different one in europe/UK. I do believe he said they were working on fixing it...but who knows when/if that will happen. The "fix" may just be to update the hype stickers in europe.

i think you have to buy it from the US sadly. KG seems to think that perhaps the metalwork broke and they reused a different one in europe/UK. I do believe he said they were working on fixing it...but who knows when/if that will happen. The "fix" may just be to update the hype stickers in europe.
My local in Norway has both US and European versions for sale at the same price - it's not that good at noting mastering normally but specifically spells it out in this case.

My local in Norway has both US and European versions for sale at the same price - it's not that good at noting mastering normally but specifically spells it out in this case.
that's awesome! i'm guessing they imported some so they know those are the US, but i thought they had the same UPC and same hype sticker?

I know a few have asked how the Ziggy Stardust 50th Abbey Road 1/2 Speed is, here is Michael's opinion

I do agree that I'm surprised that they didn't really do anything too special for the 50th anniversary. it's such an iconic album you would have thought they would have done something a bit more impressive than a digital half speed master!

I do agree that I'm surprised that they didn't really do anything too special for the 50th anniversary. it's such an iconic album you would have thought they would have done something a bit more impressive than a digital half speed master!
I wish someone would do a shootout of Ziggy pressings because I have a copy of the 2003 Ken Scott mix that came in the Five Years boxset that I had no idea I owned, and I think it sounds tops. I wanna buy the half speed, but not enough has been sold to me yet.

I kinda like it. I wish there were less ridiculous overpriced and MASSIVE boxes filled with demos you listen to once, think “the release sounded better” and file away forever and more nice affordable solid presses.

That said very slow boring man spent 10 minutes slowly telling us that it sounded better than his AAA press before saying he’d have like an AAA press for the 50th…

I kinda like it. I wish there were less ridiculous overpriced and MASSIVE boxes filled with demos you listen to once, think “the release sounded better” and file away forever and more nice affordable solid presses.

That said very slow boring man spent 10 minutes slowly telling us that it sounded better than his AAA press before saying he’d have like an AAA press for the 50th…
Yeah, I don’t hate his videos, but he doesn’t say much.

Question, if GZ is pressing an album for the US market. Who actually packages the vinyl with the jackets? Would GZ do that? Like with the What's Going On reissue, with the deluxe jackets? Who actually puts the vinyl in the jackets and then seals it all up?

I'm just sticking with my other recent and vintage press

Question, if GZ is pressing an album for the US market. Who actually packages the vinyl with the jackets? Would GZ do that? Like with the What's Going On reissue, with the deluxe jackets? Who actually puts the vinyl in the jackets and then seals it all up?

I’m pretty sure it’s GZ.

I wish someone would do a shootout of Ziggy pressings because I have a copy of the 2003 Ken Scott mix that came in the Five Years boxset that I had no idea I owned, and I think it sounds tops. I wanna buy the half speed, but not enough has been sold to me yet.
I have had this one for a while and it’s beat every other version I’ve picked up/owned. Up there with the MoFi in my opinion, which I used to own. Haven’t heard the 40th or any other recent AAA reissues, which I’ve heard good things about, but the sound on this one is absolutely massive.

I kinda like the option for a nicer box/edition along with an affordable one. Or look at stuff like the My Favorite Things reissue, What’s Going On with extra content, AAA by KG/BG/CB/RKS. Still very affordable but AAA and done by some of the best in the biz.

Back