Definitive Audiophile pressings

Does anyone have either the ROG extended version of Dr. John's The Sun, Moon and Herbs or the Speakers Corner version they could comment on? I'm trying to decide which one to use a coupon on and while I'm tempted by the extras it's hard to go wrong with SC.
ROG is no slouch in general. If you want the extras I bet you’d be happy with the ROG. I’ve yet to be disappointed by their pressings. Don’t know this specific comparison though since I don’t have either!

I haven't heard the Sax, just heard about it. But I find the BG very muffled and overly soft. I've had the BG Wall, DSOTM and WYWH and overall I thought the Wall fared best in terms of stacking up to earlier presses. It's punchy as all get out, but still too soft and lacking detail for me compared to earlier presses. That's why I grabbed the JP first press of that one
The BG is digital, the Sax is analog. That's the cause!

The BG is digital, the Sax is analog. That's the cause!
The 2011 Sax is from a hi-res transfer. Not analog. (For what it’s worth, so is the 2016 BG.)

The 2011 Sax is from a hi-res transfer. Not analog. (For what it’s worth, so is the 2016 BG.)

I say go for a Barry cut (1981).

I just grabbed the JP 1st press cause it was $50 and mint. I'll never get the chance on that again.

Barry cut is on my bucket list.

It's good but not crazy money good, unless you just want to collect it.
If I were to improve anything on it, probably vocals. Overall, it's a solid play and very quite.

My US Wall pressing is the goldilocks for mastering on a PF album so far. It's a TML stamp.

The Tidal streams are very muffled, I suspect they're some version of the 2016 mix. With added Tidal bass... which seems to be a thing Tidal does with their EQing...
I could see a noticeable improvement switching from Tidal to Qobuz. Most people with good DACs will.

Back