Definitive Audiophile pressings

Mingus x5 45
Black Saint And The Sinner Lady 45
Head Hunters 33
Ike Quebec Bossa Nova Soul Samba 45
Little Blue Girl 45
I have all of these and they are all marvellous! The only one I don't have is Ike Quebec's Bossa Nova Soul Samba and I just listened to it and really wish I didn't miss out on the AP pressing of it! It must be such a joy spinning that one!!!

I have all of these and they are all marvellous! The only one I don't have is Ike Quebec's Bossa Nova Soul Samba and I just listened to it and really wish I didn't miss out on the AP pressing of it! It must be such a joy spinning that one!!!
There also Outward Bound by Dolphy and Coltrane by Coltrane. Both 33.

There also Outward Bound by Dolphy and Coltrane by Coltrane. Both 33.
mmmmmm! I don't know both those albums even though I love both those artists! I have to check them both out! I just checked and both those AP titles are out of stock on Acoustic Sounds! Bummer, as I know I would've loved to have picked them up!

Looks like the recent OJC press which I’m not sure about the source on, but seems to have positive reviews! Worth a shot
I have the recent OJCs of both Waltz for Debby and Sunday at Village Vanguard. WfD is excellent. Sounds fantastic and the pressing is very quiet.

I haven’t spent enough time with Sunday at Vanguard, especially loud enough to really evaluate the quality. But what I’ve heard so far suggests it’s probably on par with Waltz for Debby or close to it.

I don’t know the source/lineage of these and have no other versions to compare against these, so ymmv.

Yes, if anyone on here can confirm the high sound quality on the 2011 Original Jazz Classics (OJC) pressing of Bill Evans Trio's "Waltz For Debby", that would be great! It does have very positive reviews on Discogs and seems like the definitive pressing of this album (not specifically the 2011 pressing, but any OJC pressing of Waltz For Debby)!

Yes, if anyone on here can confirm the high sound quality on the 2011 Original Jazz Classics (OJC) pressing of Bill Evans Trio's "Waltz For Debby", that would be great! It does have very positive reviews on Discogs and seems like the definitive pressing of this album (not specifically the 2011 pressing, but any OJC pressing of Waltz For Debby)!
The AP of Waltz for Debby is probably the definitive version, but OJCs are really solid usually and for the prices, hard to beat those 80's ones. The newer pressings are probably digitally sourced, but find one with GH in the runout and those should be AAA. Nobody really seems to be able to pinpoint when the switch from AAA to digital happened with OJCs.

I have the recent OJCs of both Waltz for Debbie and Sunday at Village Vanguard. WfD is excellent. Sounds fantastic and the pressing is very quiet.

I haven’t spent enough time with Sunday at Vanguard, especially loud enough to really evaluate the quality. But what I’ve heard so far suggests it’s probably on par with Waltz for Debbie or close to it.

I don’t know the source/lineage of these and have no other versions to compare against these, so ymmv.
That's awesome to know! I got the WaxTime pressing of Waltz For Debby around 2-3 years ago and the pressing is average! I'm looking to upgrade so think I'm going to grab the 2011 Original Jazz Classics (OJC) pressing! Especially if it's 'very quiet' as well as sounding great! :love:

Waltz For Debby is a stunning album! I love the emotive, warm, gentle, slow tempo sound of the album!

That's awesome to know! I got the WaxTime pressing of Waltz For Debby around 2-3 years ago and the pressing is average! I'm looking to upgrade so think I'm going to grab the 2011 Original Jazz Classics (OJC) pressing! Especially if it's 'very quiet' as well as sounding great! :love:

Waltz For Debby is a stunning album! I love the emotive, warm, gentle, slow tempo sound of the album!
I have a older 90's OJC of it and it is fine.

Anyone seen Everybody Love's Bill at a good price ?
I have an older Japanese pressing thats in great shape and even still it’s my least spun Bill record. There’s some pretty hardcore baked in distortion on the record that spoils the listen for me most days. Even the AP pressing apparently suffered heavily from it.

Back