Definitive Audiophile pressings

Thank you for all your input guys! Much appreciated 🙏

There's this guy in town who sources audiophile releases and deals directly with the four leading U.S. manufacturers and/or distributors for audiophile releases - Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, MOFI Distribution, and Music Direct. It's convenient and cost effective as he provides free local delivery. 🙂 For those outside of Ottawa, he offers shipping of an unlimited number of items at a flat-rate of $20 across Canada (Canada Post Expedited Parcel, fully insured and tracked).

Any thoughts on Speakers Corner Records?

Oh, they're great! Most if not all are pressed at Pallas, so you have quality pressings to begin with. I believe all are analogue as well.

I have:

Donny Hathaway "Everything Is Everything" - Mastered by Kevin Gray, I like this Stereo version more than the VMP mono.

Patti Smith "Horses" - a little sillibance in parts, but I think this is the recording and this is likely the best you can find for this album.

Janis Joplin "I Got Dem Ol Kozmic Blues Again Mama" - fabulous

Elvis Presley "From Elvis In Memphis" - both MOFI and AP also released this, but for the price, if you're not a super fan, you can do no wrong with this.

Aretha Franklin "Live At Fillmore West" - Mastered by Kevin Gray. The only way to get this album, I believe. Nothing negative to say again.

Elvin Jones "Midnight Walk" - mastered by Kevin Gray, fabulous.

Boz Scaggs "Boz Scaggs" - another Kevin Gray and another great pressing.

I have the following on order from JPC:
Lou Reed "Transformer", Warren Zevon "Stand In The Fire" and Albert King "Born Under A Bad Sign" - my order is on hold because the Albert King is back-ordered though.

Thank you for all your input guys! Much appreciated 🙏

There's this guy in town who sources audiophile releases and deals directly with the four leading U.S. manufacturers and/or distributors for audiophile releases - Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, MOFI Distribution, and Music Direct. It's convenient and cost effective as he provides free local delivery. 🙂 For those outside of Ottawa, he offers shipping of an unlimited number of items at a flat-rate of $20 across Canada (Canada Post Expedited Parcel, fully insured and tracked).
AAAAAND HIS NAME IIIIIIIS???

AAAAAND HIS NAME IIIIIIIS???
John but the name of his company is The Sound Choice. He's been active in the consumer electronics industry for over 35 years and have provided expert consultation, design and installation of award-winning two-channel, multi-room audio and home theatre projects in the Ottawa/Gatineau market.

I passed on Village Vanguard and Portrait in Jazz One Steps for $99 each because they were too expensive for me at the time...
Ya, I went with the "I'll grab it later" with this and the Tone Poet Chet Baker Sings...............my 2 biggest vinyl regrets for sure.

he offers shipping of an unlimited number of items at a flat-rate of $20 across Canada (Canada Post Expedited Parcel, fully insured and tracked).
"unlimited number of items, you say?"

d49bd1e1-a0e6-4ac2-8dc8-7e5fddfbb4e3_text.gif

- Nightmather

Back