Definitive Audiophile pressings

Just got the Mingus at Antibes and the Carnegie set. I’ve been on a kick this past week. The SC of Antibes is great! Super quiet vinyl and sounds better than my Piros cut though not by a whole lot. The Carnegie set is amazing! Such a great deal for what it’s going for. I haven’t streamed it since it was released but damn the first set (sides 1-4) are an absolute treasure. The band is firing! Possibly the most swinging Fables has ever sounded and Big Alice is the treasure. Super happy to have both.
awesome, told yah! ;)

Anybody have recs on Eno pressings? Looking specifically for Before and After Science and Taking Tiger Mountain. The Abbey Road 45s were tempting but a bit worried about the flow of the albums and it also seems that a bunch of copies had weird volume fluctuations/dropouts...
I have the recent 1LP TTM and AGW and the 2LP BaAS. They're all excellent with no issues on my copies.

Last edited:
Anybody have recs on Eno pressings? Looking specifically for Before and After Science and Taking Tiger Mountain. The Abbey Road 45s were tempting but a bit worried about the flow of the albums and it also seems that a bunch of copies had weird volume fluctuations/dropouts...
Very happy with these two, but have not compared them to others.

Not a fan of the Eno abbey road HSM reissues. Flat, no dynamics. Vintage copies blow them away imo.
Have you heard the 45s or the 33s? I had heard good things about Taking Tiger Mountain and Before and After Science 45s but I can probably get early UK pressings or Japanese for a similar price

Have you heard the 45s or the 33s? I had heard good things about Taking Tiger Mountain and Before and After Science 45s but I can probably get early UK pressings or Japanese for a similar price
I have the 45 of Tiger Mountain. I can give it a listen later. But I think it was pretty good.

The 33s were like $18 a pop. I didn’t wanna take a chance on the 45s so I went straight for OG US pressings and they are great. i only got Here Come the Warm Jets and Another Green World OG though so far, but marked improvement

The 33s were like $18 a pop. I didn’t wanna take a chance on the 45s so I went straight for OG US pressings and they are great. i only got Here Come the Warm Jets and Another Green World OG though so far, but marked improvement
I was listening to an OG Here Come The Warm Jets today and it got me looking at what other titles I could add...the OGs might be best bang for the buck since the 45s are OOP now.

I have had several Eno pressings throughout the years, original pressings and reissues, and I have settled on OG pink rims of HCTWJ and TTM, Japanese pressing of AGW and US original of BAAS. I also have the 45 rpm of AGW. I would definitely get U.K. originals of all of them if you can. I’ve been thinking about picking up a the og of BAAS but not sure if it can beat e US Sterling cut I have.

Any recommendations for King Crimson albums?
The most recent releases with Steven Wilson remixes of ITCOTCK and Red are really good! Court especially sounds way better than the US originals. Never heard a pink rim. Red is slightly cleaner than my EG half speed. Both are pressed on quiet vinyl which is nice too.

The most recent releases with Steven Wilson remixes of ITCOTCK and Red are really good! Court especially sounds way better than the US originals. Never heard a pink rim. Red is slightly cleaner than my EG half speed. Both are pressed on quiet vinyl which is nice too.
I was going through the last of my records that I haven't unpacked yet the other day and pulled out ITCOTCK and mine was the EG half speed. I had put in the wrong version in discogs awhile ago. I have to give it a listen--are those generally well-regarded pressings?

Yes, I agree with this as I have both. ITCOTCK is one of those records I’ve had about 10 copies of over the years and having a clean pressing is awfully nice. 😃

I was going through the last of my records that I haven't unpacked yet the other day and pulled out ITCOTCK and mine was the EG half speed. I had put in the wrong version in discogs awhile ago. I have to give it a listen--are those generally well-regarded pressings?
I don’t really know. I know the Red is not super regarded but it’s also not the best sounding recording either, never will be. I have no idea about half speed Court.

Back