Definitive Audiophile pressings

It's outrageous.

Okay now that I've gotten that out of the way if anyone has a MM Soul Station I will sell someone else's children to get my hands on it. NAME YOUR PRICE YOU ANIMALS
I've got the 2014 release and I can understand why you'd want it! ;) But maybe it's the SRX that you're after, given the cost in children...

I've got the 2014 release and I can understand why you'd want it! ;) But maybe it's the SRX that you're after, given the cost in children...
Honestly I just want a clean well pressed well mastered copy. If BN Classics wasn't such a shit show I'd be thrilled to get one of those along with Idle Moments and a few others. But Optimal is the new GZ sooooo

Honestly I just want a clean well pressed well mastered copy. If BN Classics wasn't such a shit show I'd be thrilled to get one of those along with Idle Moments and a few others. But Optimal is the new GZ sooooo
@Mather - Optimal is just as crappy as GZ now
GZ - hold my beer, I'll show you how its done.

Don't chuck out all the BN Classics. Out of the first 11, really only Soul Station was a full on pressing dud. Moanin' had a few issues for some people but not pressing wide. I don't recall many complaints about the others, so saying Optimal is the new GZ is a bit unfair. GZ will never give up their title that easy.

@Mather - Optimal is just as crappy as GZ now
GZ - hold my beer, I'll show you how its done.

Don't chuck out all the BN Classics. Out of the first 11, really only Soul Station was a full on pressing dud. Moanin' had a few issues for some people but not pressing wide. I don't recall many complaints about the others, so saying Optimal is the new GZ is a bit unfair. GZ will never give up their title that easy.
Well I got a clean Moanin' on my second try, but just looking at the cogs and Hoffman reviews it looks like the stitching, no fill and scratching issues are pretty much universal across all the Classics album's pressed this year. Some worse than others. I figured it was bad stampers but to have the same issues across multiple titles... I dunno they've obviously got something going on with their machinery. Maybe just the usual routine these days of simply being too busy and not taking enough time per run.

thanks. sent a PM on some of those...but guessing they are out of my price range. i feel like those Allman prices are steep but I also think I got lucky on that Acoustic Sounds Eat a Peach price a few months ago...
Yeah, in my experience, their pricing is usually higher than ebay/discogs. Been a while though, who knows with how crazy some online selling has gotten over the last year.

Huh, looks like the JB TP went up to $800. How does that happen??!!
They're spying on this thread, and we tipped them off that it's cool and a good collectors item for someone who loves JB!! In other words, we're like the Reddit meme stock trading group -- a few comments here instantly jacks up a record's value by 60%

They're spying on this thread, and we tipped them off that it's cool and a good collectors item for someone who loves JB!! In other words, we're like the Reddit meme stock trading group -- a few comments here instantly jacks up a record's value by 60%
-looks around shiftily-

Man, hoo boy would I ever LOOOVE to get my hands on that...
-looks at shelf-
Black Pumas variant #38 record... YESSIREE I SURE WOULD PAY A PRETTY PENNY FOR THAT ONE LET ME TELL YOU. And ALSO that...
-glances around-
UH... VMP Stooges Cale Mix thing... HOOO DADDY WOULD I EVER!

-smiles-
-waits for money to roll in-

Yeah, in my experience, their pricing is usually higher than ebay/discogs. Been a while though, who knows with how crazy some online selling has gotten over the last year.
And as confirmed, their prices seem way higher than I've seen on discogs and ebay. Somehow they sold most of the ones I asked about anyway. Prices on these are wild now.

It looks like nearly all of them went up in price since I looked at it.
It's psychology, man. They've planted the seed now: jump when you first see it posted or you'll miss out on the chance to spend ridiculous amounts of money when they bump the price to insanity levels. Kinda makes me wonder who's pulling the strings over there. ;)

The other day I picked up a sealed NOS copy of this at a local. Just got around to listening to it and damn, it cooks. Definitely audiophile quality (which I'm guessing comes as no news to those of you who've long been on the VMP jazz wagon).

Still available at reasonable (all things considered) prices.

Maths damnit. If the word is plural so is the contraction! North Americans. 🙄

😂😂😂
but "maths" wouldn't work for my joke!

i'm married to a brit and since most of the past year has been spent with her in isolation, my vocabulary is very confusing for both my british and my american friends. i can't seem to win haha

i'm married to a brit and since most of the past year has been spent with her in isolation, my vocabulary is very confusing for both my british and my american friends. i can't seem to win haha
Might be some grammatical structure issues as well.....either that or you should let your wife out of isolation! LOL

Oh you can win, it just involves disagreeing with all your American friends.

Back