Definitive Audiophile pressings

Lots o mofis here

I’m in discussions bout the allmans

Oh man, out of curiosity I went on Discogs to see how much the Beck ‎– Sea Change goes for.......and now I feel sick.

A few years ago I bought a copy (played once) on eBay for £60. Yodel claimed to have delivered it and we had a back and forth for months - they claimed it was hand-delivered to a 'middle-aged white man' (the most generic they could think of) and were adamant on it until I offered to show them the CCTV from that day. At that point, they decided they couldn't talk to me about it as I was the recipient and not the sender, so I sent the sender the CCTV footage and had him deal with it. In the end, we both had to call it a day and I was refunded the full amount. Screw Yodel is the moral of that story.

Super bitter about it BEFORE I saw it now goes for £180 with listings starting at £260. Typical....

Oh man, out of curiosity I went on Discogs to see how much the Beck ‎– Sea Change goes for.......and now I feel sick.

A few years ago I bought a copy (played once) on eBay for £60. Yodel claimed to have delivered it and we had a back and forth for months - they claimed it was hand-delivered to a 'middle-aged white man' (the most generic they could think of) and were adamant on it until I offered to show them the CCTV from that day. At that point, they decided they couldn't talk to me about it as I was the recipient and not the sender, so I sent the sender the CCTV footage and had him deal with it. In the end, we both had to call it a day and I was refunded the full amount. Screw Yodel is the moral of that story.

Super bitter about it BEFORE I saw it now goes for £180 with listings starting at £260. Typical....
Yea. I passed up on "affordable" copies for a long time because they weren't affordable to me at the time. I saw it in Portland Maine about a year and a half ago sealed for $125 and I passed...still kicking myself. at this point my best hope is to trade with someone I think.

Yea. I passed up on "affordable" copies for a long time because they weren't affordable to me at the time. I saw it in Portland Maine about a year and a half ago sealed for $125 and I passed...still kicking myself. at this point my best hope is to trade with someone I think.
The whole audiophile pricing is just insane with people going fomo crazy like they are funding their Freedom55 retirement plan.

I won a couple of auctions in late 2019 for unopened SRX titles. They were both priced a bit above original MM pricing and both were still available from MM at the. But with shipping it was actually a bit cheaper for me to buy them through eBay.

Now both are asking for stupid money on Discogs. The Kenny Dorham has one for sale at $399usd and the last few sealed sold for $150-200, but no sales since Dec 2020. Nuts

The whole audiophile pricing is just insane with people going fomo crazy like they are funding their Freedom55 retirement plan.

I won a couple of auctions in late 2019 for unopened SRX titles. They were both priced a bit above original MM pricing and both were still available from MM at the. But with shipping it was actually a bit cheaper for me to buy them through eBay.

Now both are asking for stupid money on Discogs. The Kenny Dorham has one for sale at $399usd and the last few sealed sold for $150-200, but no sales since Dec 2020. Nuts
Yep. And the issue I've seen across all these MoFi facebook groups and other sale sites is that most people don't differentiate between actual sales prices and listed prices. The FOMO is also just unreal. Jeff Beck MoFi is selling for $150+ regularly on these groups and its not even OOP. They have only pressed half of the batch hah. Anytime I bring it up on those groups, the flippers run to defend each other and say that $150 is a fair price and point to discogs and ebay listings, then the album promptly sells. It's truly mind-boggling. I don't doubt that these buyers clubs are at play now to artificially raise the price for new titles. The other side of it is wealthy people just paying whatever to get something NOW instead of waiting for a repress. I see people paying $80-100 on those MoFi Dire Straits that are all still in print.

Yep. And the issue I've seen across all these MoFi facebook groups and other sale sites is that most people don't differentiate between actual sales prices and listed prices. The FOMO is also just unreal. Jeff Beck MoFi is selling for $150+ regularly on these groups and its not even OOP. They have only pressed half of the batch hah. Anytime I bring it up on those groups, the flippers run to defend each other and say that $150 is a fair price and point to discogs and ebay listings, then the album promptly sells. It's truly mind-boggling. I don't doubt that these buyers clubs are at play now to artificially raise the price for new titles. The other side of it is wealthy people just paying whatever to get something NOW instead of waiting for a repress. I see people paying $80-100 on those MoFi Dire Straits that are all still in print.
It's outrageous.

Okay now that I've gotten that out of the way if anyone has a MM Soul Station I will sell someone else's children to get my hands on it. NAME YOUR PRICE YOU ANIMALS

It's outrageous.

Okay now that I've gotten that out of the way if anyone has a MM Soul Station I will sell someone else's children to get my hands on it. NAME YOUR PRICE YOU ANIMALS
i'd wait a month to see if these MMJ repress rumors pan out...

WHAT RUMORS WHAT HAVE YOU ALL BEEN KEEPING FROM ME
mentioned it on here a week ago or so...there are rumors that they are repressing some of the regular 33s. seen it on reddit as well as hoffman. who knows if it is true or not but the rumor was they might be announced later this month.

mentioned it on here a week ago or so...there are rumors that they are repressing some of the regular 33s. seen it on reddit as well as hoffman. who knows if it is true or not but the rumor was they might be announced later this month.
I wonder how that would work with BN Classics pressing a lot of the same albums at 33 already...

I can't get MMs up here so if this happens... IMMA GUNNA NEED SOMEONE TO GET ME A EFFING SOUL STATION

I wonder how that would work with BN Classics pressing a lot of the same albums at 33 already...

I can't get MMs up here so if this happens... IMMA GUNNA NEED SOMEONE TO GET ME A EFFING SOUL STATION
if there's an MMJ repress, it's gonna be an absolute shitshow. but hopefully it would bring down the prices of copies out there already. there are quite a few for sale on ebay for around $200 right now.

I haven't done a look in awhile at which are doubles from classics/TP and MMJ but i didn't think there were a ton of overlaps? my copy of soul station classic was pretty solid.

if there's an MMJ repress, it's gonna be an absolute shitshow. but hopefully it would bring down the prices of copies out there already. there are quite a few for sale on ebay for around $200 right now.

I haven't done a look in awhile at which are doubles from classics/TP and MMJ but i didn't think there were a ton of overlaps? my copy of soul station classic was pretty solid.
Both my copies were riddled with the side 2 no fill. Also scratched to hell but I think that was more just cosmetic, the no fill definitely was NOT cosmetic.

MMJ are gougers as well, so I bet you see a store wide increase for all the titles, again.

I am somewhat tuned in bc I have saved ebay searches on anything MMJ. There are a few overlaps between BN's recent AAA releases and MMJ. So far, it seems a BN release has no bearing on the soaring prices for MMJ titles. The German guy "45 RPM Audiophile" on Youtube noted the same thing a month or two ago. And Mike @ The In Groove has vids comparing two overlaps (Soul Station and Go!) claiming they sound virtually identical and also noting that he can't explain why MMJ still go for so much money.

I can speak to one of these, as Eric Dolphy's "Out to Lunch" is a top 3 all-time jazz release for me (maybe overall favorite). I recently paid a premium for a used copy of the 33rpm MMJ version knowing the BN Classic was forthcoming. By Discogs standards, I got a good price, I wanted the heavy gatefold, photos, etc.

I haven't done that for other overlaps like Go! or Maiden Voyage, where I can't justify the premium based on how much I like the record.

Last edited:
Agreed, but, if someone is really into Jackson Browne, the TP of the unreleased "Running On Empty" is pretty damn cool as a spendy $500 collector's item. Jackson Browne – Running On Empty (1979, Vinyl)
That is pretty cool. I also just watched the latest “Mike, owner of the In Groove in Phoenix Arizona” video and he bought George Benson’s collection with an unreleased 1985 MSFL test pressing of “Give Me The Night” that was sent to George to review but never got pressed. Seems like those would be pretty damn rare!

I am somewhat tuned in bc I have saved ebay searches on anything MMJ. There are a few overlaps between BN's recent AAA releases and MMJ. So far, it seems a BN release has no bearing on the soaring prices for MMJ titles. The German guy "45 RPM Audiophile" on Youtube noted the same thing a month or two ago. And Mike @ The In Groove has vids comparing two overlaps (Soul Station and Go!) claiming they sound virtually identical and also noting that he can't explain why MMJ still go for so much money.

I can speak to one of these, as Eric Dolphy's "Out to Lunch" is a top 3 all-time jazz release for me (maybe overall favorite). I recently paid a premium for a used copy of the 33rpm MMV version knowing the BN Classic was forthcoming. By Discogs standards, I got a good price, I wanted the heavy gatefold, photos, etc.

I haven't done that for other overlaps like Go! or Maiden Voyage, where I can't justify the premium based on how much I like the record.
I thought the BN Classics Soul Station sounded incredible... when it wasn't running over vast swaths of no fill. And after my experience with it, and seeing pretty much every review since the second title BN released in this series, they all note the same no fill in the same spots on virtually every release. Not to mention the scratches to the vinyl right out of the sleeve. I would LOVE to just buy the Classics and be done with it because the mastering is fantastic. But I don't think there's a chance in hell of me finding a clean one without dropping about $400 for like 15 copies of it just to find one good one. So at this point the gouged MMs would probably save me money.

Back