Definitive Audiophile pressings

They posted a bunch of those pics on their instagram so I just messaged them asking what prices were on a few I was interested in and they got back to me. You could also probably give them a call. They had 100 MoFis in so not sure they will give you the entire list but I asked for a few specifics from the pictures and they got back to me right away.
Thanks!

I don’t know that any are fantastic deals, but the prices seemed mostly fair from the ones I asked about considering the condition they said they were in. And I haven’t seen some of those much in the wild (like Alice Cooper).

So Rogue Planet Music got an insane haul of old MoFis in VG+/NM condition. I just grabbed Alice Cooper and Fleetwood Mac self-titled from them, but they have TONS of others. Their initial post said in-store only, but they told me I could buy and ship and to feel free to spread the link around. Prices seem to be around discogs median from the few titles I asked about.
Oh mama, they have that Pablo Cruise MoFi that I am still kicking myself for passing up when AS had it.

Oh mama, they have that Pablo Cruise MoFi that I am still kicking myself for passing up when AS had it.
tenor.gif

So Rogue Planet Music got an insane haul of old MoFis in VG+/NM condition. I just grabbed Alice Cooper and Fleetwood Mac self-titled from them, but they have TONS of others. Their initial post said in-store only, but they told me I could buy and ship and to feel free to spread the link around. Prices seem to be around discogs median from the few titles I asked about.

@Crabbers this might interest ya

I messaged asking about any allman brothers:)

Not many sadly...I have this one which isn't BAD but supposedly sounds better than any other of her vinyl releases out there.

Thanks Mike, ohh, that is a shame, a bit more than I wanted to spend unless it's still on Amz from what you see (have gift card balance) ?

Yep, the general consensus is that the half-speeds are the way to go acknowledging there is a cap based on the quality of the recordings in terms of what you'll end up getting. I think the Frank half-speed can still be found at a decentish price,

The other tricky thing with Winehouse's Back to Black pressings is that, honestly, QA on them is kind of bad. Like my Target pink version is actually really good (no surface, dead center, etc.) but reviews on Discogs are terrible for it.

One thing that is worth considering, if you can't find a Back to Black Half-Speed for a decent price and you don't just want to go for the standard BtB pressing, is looking at some of the live options. The 3LP At The BBC Set reviews on Discogs are really strong and even the Amy Film soundtrack is an interesting mix too. She isn't the strongest live performer so, caveat emptor, but it's another option.

Back