Definitive Audiophile pressings

Received my KoB UHQR. As others already said, yeah it sounds really good. I have the MoFi 45RPM, and without pulling it out and comparing back and forth, I think I can tell it is much better. From what I remember the MoFi sounds good but was a bit disappointed by it and was expecting it to sound better. This UHQR meets my expectations. The sound stage is wide, no sibilance on the piano like I remember on the MoFi. Having this one at 33 RPM, I don't think I'll pull the MoFi ever again, sadly. I think other people noted some surface noise, pops, crackle? Nothing like that on mine. Only complain is the size of the box. A box like the Craft One Step would have been better in my opinion, but this makes it feel more like a luxury item, quite unnecessary I think.

Last edited:
Said I wasn’t gonna bite on the KoB, but with virtually rave reviews across the board....

May hold out for the 45... what are everyone’s thoughts there?

I know it's not "definitive," since there is a $400 one step, but the just released reissue of Donald Fagen's The Nightfly sounds fantastic. It's a Bellman cut and is a Warner Records release with their new logo. Great pressing too.. Great bargain for what it costs.
I might need to grab this...is it this one?
The Nightfly (180g Black Vinyl) Amazon product ASIN B08VBH5NPR

I know it's not "definitive," since there is a $400 one step, but the just released reissue of Donald Fagen's The Nightfly sounds fantastic. It's a Bellman cut and is a Warner Records release with their new logo. Great pressing too.. Great bargain for what it costs.
I wish Rhino would release pressing info before the record comes out. It was available as a presale for $21 on Amazon.ca and now has shot up to $38.

I wish Rhino would release pressing info before the record comes out. It was available as a presale for $21 on Amazon.ca and now has shot up to $38.
Regarding the upcoming Rhino reissue of The Nightfly, the Q&A at Music Direct indicates it is a "breakout from the 2017 Cheap Xmas box set." According to Discogs, that's a cB cut, so ding ding ding, we may have a winner!
I told you this a while back!

Said I wasn’t gonna bite on the KoB, but with virtually rave reviews across the board....

I don't have mine yet (hoping it will ship next week) but from what i've read, i can't imagine the 45 being that much better than the 33 to warrant the wait (might not come out until next year) and the $25 extra it will cost compared to the 33.

Personally I’ll be waiting for the 45. If you are willing to drop this much cash on a record, and you’re looking for the best sounding version, why not get the best sounding version?

Right I've bought the 33. I wasn't tracking the 45. Is it just me or does it seem unnecessary? Especially at only a 25 difference?

There's not a pre order for this? Just in some AP news?
Correct, they haven’t announced a date yet, just that it’ll be coming…..sometime. I just received my UHQR today, finishing my first listen as I type this, and it blows the MoFi 45rpm away, IMHO. Unbelievably good, I can’t imagine how the 45 can improve upon it, even though technically it should.

Correct, they haven’t announced a date yet, just that it’ll be coming…..sometime. I just received my UHQR today, finishing my first listen as I type this, and it blows the MoFi 45rpm away, IMHO. Unbelievably good, I can’t imagine how the 45 can improve upon it, even though technically it should.
Yea that will be a hard decision to make when the time comes. Having the MOFI and the UHQR I SHOULD be satisfied.

But the part of me that is reckless w my vinyl spending will prob yolo that shit.

I wonder how they'll number those. The 25k numbers for the KoB 33 is, honestly, a huge number. Especially when the 2 ABAL's and Tull had a much lower ceiling. So I wonder if they'll make the 45s much more exclusive.

Back