Definitive Audiophile pressings

Nice. I'm ISO a decent price on Mofi's "Lifes Rich Pageant," which is my fav R.E.M. album (I know that's a minority view). Curious if you have Mofi LRP and what you think of it?
It’s my first REM MoFi actually! I lucked out on it and found it for $40 on eBay “buy it now”. I’m pretty sure I bought it within minutes of it going live. If I see a decent priced LRP I’ll let ya know!

Someone please find me a Songs From The Big Chair Mofi that doesn't cost $100
As @dhodo said, the MoFi is a silver label and OG pressings actually sound quite good from what I’ve heard. This might be one of those MoFis that are expensive purely from being harder to find now. Keep an eye out though because some of the silver labels are getting random represses lately it seems.

It’s my first REM MoFi actually! I lucked out on it and found it for $40 on eBay “buy it now”. I’m pretty sure I bought it within minutes of it going live. If I see a decent priced LRP I’ll let ya know!
Do you have an original to compare it to? The 80s Sterling pressings sound pretty great, but I'd like to hear how the MoFis compare.

Do you have an original to compare it to? The 80s Sterling pressings sound pretty great, but I'd like to hear how the MoFis compare.
I don't sadly! I only have Reckoning and Document. This one sounds great though. Dead quiet.

Someone please find me a Songs From The Big Chair Mofi that doesn't cost $100
Seriously wish they would reissue it. Anyway, I just bought a UK original about a month ago and it sounds mighty fine. Can’t imagine it sounding much better honestly. I’d go for that if you want a reasonably priced copy. It sold a shit ton and you can find a clean one for ~$20 if you aren’t looking to get one right this moment.

Seriously wish they would reissue it. Anyway, I just bought a UK original about a month ago and it sounds mighty fine. Can’t imagine it sounding much better honestly. I’d go for that if you want a reasonably priced copy. It sold a shit ton and you can find a clean one for ~$20 if you aren’t looking to get one right this moment.

I haven't heard the songs from the big chair, but got one of the new seeds of love standard / modern reissues & it does sound really good. I would love a MoFi version though

Have others received their Sade box set? I preordered from her website and it seems some folks who ordered from Amazon already received theirs. That's a bummer. I'm ok to wait but the sooner the better, ya know?

As @dhodo said, the MoFi is a silver label and OG pressings actually sound quite good from what I’ve heard. This might be one of those MoFis that are expensive purely from being harder to find now. Keep an eye out though because some of the silver labels are getting random represses lately it seems.
I have an OG SFTBC and it sounds fantastic- that intro to the Working Hour gets me every time.

anybody wanna go halfsies??
Wow! I just picked up 2 of those from Music Direct (Miles "On the Corner" and "Jack Johnson") for moderately inflated retail prices, $50 and $60 respectively. They dumped some inventory in these two titles a week or so ago. I think there are still JJ left, and I think it's an underrated album.

Wow! I just picked up 2 of those from Music Direct (Miles "On the Corner" and "Jack Johnson") for moderately inflated retail prices, $50 and $60 respectively. They dumped some inventory in these two titles a week or so ago. I think there are still JJ left, and I think it's an underrated album.
There are lots of big guns and OOP items in this lot. I was seriously considering bidding on it a week ago when it was below $1,000.

I get nervous whenever I consider spending extra for any OOP release. All it takes is a repress to flatten the value. I have all the VMP De La releases and am considering selling them for this very reason, not that I have any inside info they're getting pressed again

I get nervous whenever I consider spending extra for any OOP release. All it takes is a repress to flatten the value.
Yep. The BN Classic Series is going to do that for at least one album that I almost dumped $100+ in -- Dolphy "Out to Lunch." The MMJ copies go for heavy $. Considering BN does discounts (today 30% of all LPs), in the spring, there will be an amazing version of that album for $17-25 depending on whether it's on sale, and it will be roughly 85-100% on par w the MMJ. On my system, which is pretty nice but not by serious audiophile standards, it'll be close to 100%.

Yep. The BN Classic Series is going to do that for at least one album that I almost dumped $100+ in -- Dolphy "Out to Lunch." The MMJ copies go for heavy $. Considering BN does discounts (today 30% of all LPs), in the spring, there will be an amazing version of that album for $17-25 depending on whether it's on sale, and it will be roughly 85-100% on par w the MMJ. On my system, which is pretty nice but not by serious audiophile standards, it'll be close to 100%.
Great example. More often than not I've been rewarded by my patience and burned by the lack of it - with the exception of the One Step/UHQRs. Those are different beasts altogether. In this day and age, it feels like it's just a matter of time before X title gets a repress

Back