Definitive Audiophile pressings

Here's a new one... HHV just sent this to me from Germany, and they didn't tape it down, in any way... Just this little flap holding the whole thing together. It's a miracle it showed up at all...

View attachment 93978View attachment 93979

People looked inside, saw it was a shitty vinyl they never heard of, and let it go on its merry way. No need to seal any of the obscure audiophile crap we listen to.

People looked inside, saw it was a shitty vinyl they never heard of, and let it go on its merry way. No need to seal any of the obscure audiophile crap we listen to.
Hey Gunthër, look at this stupid vinyls, they didn't even spell Cosmic correctly. And what iz this "Dem"? GARBAGE, no one will want this, send it on.

Well I guess with my MBV order canceled by Juno I can buy a couple more Speakers Corner records.

Had two orders cancelled since yesterday for that record. Oh well. I'm not a big fan anyway so it should go to those more deserving. I just thought it would be great to get a AAA version. I may pick up a few other records too then...

View attachment 94004

I figured every collection should have one Elvis record. This one goes out to my mom who loved Elvis.

I’m still holding out on Engelbert Humperdinck and Liberace. But, I think my love of music & vinyl came from mom so here’s to Elvis.
Definitely the best sounding Elvis album, though Heartbreak Hotel is a little lackluster for some reason. The stereo tracks are audiophile level. Get Elvis is Back in stereo too. It’s eerie hearing how good that sounds. And the original RCA 78’s are pretty stellar too ;)

well ,that sucks, Acoustic Sounds no longer allow to order backordered records. Instead they have a "notify me" option for backorders.

Another Kevin Gray pressing (looks like he's done reissues of their first two albums):

Anyone have either this or their self-titled reissue?

I'd never heard of this band (I might have missed the 90's?), but everything I'm hearing I'm loving.
I’ve got Blonder. It is excellent. Really cool presentation of the record by Kev. You’ll enjoy. It’s not full throttle off the charts, it’s kinda... more detailed and refined? But not in a loses energy kind of way, if that makes sense.

I’ve got Blonder. It is excellent. Really cool presentation of the record by Kev. You’ll enjoy. It’s not full throttle off the charts, it’s kinda... more detailed and refined? But not in a loses energy kind of way, if that makes sense.
Looking forward to it. I ordered that and No Holiday--total impulse purchases, so I'm glad to get your take.

Back