Definitive Audiophile pressings

I suppose my worry with a mofi of it, or any classic era stones, is that it strips too much grime off and it becomes a bit too polished, those recordings were raw and I think that needs to be preserved. That said I have the 2015 and it’s merely fine, the cover with the zipper is nice though.

Did the 2015 come without the zipper too? I think that's the pressing I have.

Two orders with AAA records came in today:

Gearbox Records:
Theon Cross "Fyah"
Butcher Brown "Camden Sessions"
Binker Golding "Abstractions of reality past and incredible feathers"

Speakers Corner:
Elvis Presley "From Elvis In Memphis"
Elvin Jones "Midnight Walk" (💥💥)
Janis Joplin "I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama!"

Spinning the Joplin now... [chef's kiss].

View attachment 92933
Fantastic set, you really cannot go wrong with Gearbox. Fyah is an incredible session and earlier I saw that tickets are available to see Theon in a solo gig. I really cant imagine what a solo tuba gig could sound like (solos sure, but a whole gig?) so I'm half temped to go.

Fantastic set, you really cannot go wrong with Gearbox. Fyah is an incredible session and earlier I saw that tickets are available to see Theon in a solo gig. I really cant imagine what a solo tuba gig could sound like (solos sure, but a whole gig?) so I'm half temped to go.

That purchase was pretty much your fault ;)

Dammit @Joe Mac no I don't ... hmmm "Private Eyes" is a pretty good song....No I don't need a Hall & Oats mofi greatest hits record!!

Where is my credit card?
That particular one is sooooo good though. Sarah Smile. Rich Girl. She's Gone. You can get a super clean "OG" for like $10. Mine sounds pretty good but never compared it to the MOFI.

That particular one is sooooo good though. Sarah Smile. Rich Girl. She's Gone. You can get a super clean "OG" for like $10. Mine sounds pretty good but never compared it to the MOFI.
I always forget how many hits they have. We were listening to their greatest hits in the car yesterday and they have so many good songs. I’m tempted to buy Abandoned Luncheonette MoFi if I can find a cheapish copy haha

I always forget how many hits they have. We were listening to their greatest hits in the car yesterday and they have so many good songs. I’m tempted to buy Abandoned Luncheonette MoFi if I can find a cheapish copy haha
I just wish they never did Maneater. That song blows and I can't get past it sometimes. Their early stuff is really good.

Dylan MoFi New Morning arrived in the mail today. The best price I could find was a copy from Taiwan because Music Direct insists on selling their hoarded copies of it for $100 while the discogs median price is still around $50. I'm totally bitter if you couldn't tell, but listening to the record now and it was totally worth it. I just need to track down a copy of Desire that isn't $150+

That purchase was pretty much your fault ;)

There are a few forum members who should have their status changed from "well-known member" to "well-known enabler of spending money on great sounding records that I really don't need"
giphy.gif

Dylan MoFi New Morning arrived in the mail today. The best price I could find was a copy from Taiwan because Music Direct insists on selling their hoarded copies of it for $100 while the discogs median price is still around $50. I'm totally bitter if you couldn't tell, but listening to the record now and it was totally worth it. I just need to track down a copy of Desire that isn't $150+
I like my copy of New Morning. It was out for awhile for the list price and then seemingly without warning it was gone and prices jacked up. MD has jacked up the price twice now I think. It’s crazy!

Back