Definitive Audiophile pressings

I have a pre-order in place with our friend in the north. I'm actually Ok about the delay, I doubt it will go smoothly.

Haha! This one was my test run with Deep Discount so we will see how it survives a trip across the Atlantic from them...

Also please tell me that the end of this saga ends with a fade out with Don’t Look Back In Anger playing...

Haha! This one was my test run with Deep Discount so we will see how it survives a trip across the Atlantic from them...

Also please tell me that the end of this saga ends with a fade out with Don’t Look Back In Anger playing...

I think I might night some cigarettes & alcohol to get me through..

Hope the Deep Discount works out. I haven't had a any issues with the records just the odd cancelled pre-order.

I just got a shipping notice from Deep Discount for the 'Chet Baker - Chet' that has been re-issued. I e-mailed them 2 weeks ago to cancel, after completely forgetting I placed a pre-order somewhere else. I miss the days when you could just wait until something was released and take 6 months thinking about if you actually wanted it.

I received @mathers copy of the Curtis box today. Biggest dish I've seen for a while, I'm not even going to bother spinning it.

If I remember correctly I actually had to get a replacement for that one as well. One of the discs was quite warped...
If it's the Keep On Keeping On box-set, i had the same problem. Curtis and Sweet Exorcist were both badly dish warped but the two other albums between them were fine. Amazon sent a replacement which had the exact same problem 😒

So a couple of weeks ago i got an order from Acoustic Sounds and there's an issue with two of the records i got. Dave Brubeck Jazz Goes To College has a doodle scratch which is audible for 1 min and change. The Royal Ballet Gala Performances box-set, all five discs are dish warped with a gap of between 2-3 mm, two or three of those also have a warped surface which becomes more wavey towards the middle. Disc 1 has a "bump warp" which causes a fluttering wush sound. All five have scuff marks along the edge of the records, but only on the first side. The gatefold sleeve (like the standard release) has a few scratches on the front. All five records also have a few superficial lines but nothing really noticeable.
I contacted customer service, included some pics and videos and this was the reply:

Hello Anders,

Sorry to learn of the defective ! In this case, you have the following options:

1) You can keep your current copy, & I can offer you a discounted replacement on your next order [your cost $; order must total a minimum of $50]

2) You can keep your current copy, and I can give you a partial refund or store credit with Acoustic Sounds [$ refunded to you, or your put on your Acoustic Sounds account for use on a future order]

3) You can send the item back to us at your cost, and I can provide a full refund or store credit [$ refunded to you after we receive the item
back]

The discounted replacement and partial refund offers reflect our cost on the item, as we do not want to profit off of a defective item you received.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed, and sorry again for the inconvenience!

He mentioned in the first email that it was more expensive to replace international orders but i don't know, i expected a little more when it's one of their own expensive box-sets. I'm not sure what to reply because most of the issues i could live with but that fluttering warp on Disc 1 is a bit annoying.
Also, does option 1 mean that i can buy both records again at a discounted price with my next order? Option 3 is out of the question because it'll cost me at least $120 to send them back.

Back