Definitive Audiophile pressings

It was around 445-500 last week btw
Think I'm goin for Love and Janis. I looked back at my emails and I got an email from MoFi at 2:57 last week when Iron Butterfly restocked and I bought it at 2:58, so that's why I thought it was at 3PM EST.

Dayum.... I don't know if there's a faster riser in my collection value wise than that Iron Butterfly... who knew... $45 CAD in the wild...

Dayum.... I don't know if there's a faster riser in my collection value wise than that Iron Butterfly... who knew... $45 CAD in the wild...
Yea. Kinda crazy. People assumed it was entirely sold out/out of print. It was $125 on discogs before the restock.

Think I'm goin for Love and Janis. I looked back at my emails and I got an email from MoFi at 2:57 last week when Iron Butterfly restocked and I bought it at 2:58, so that's why I thought it was at 3PM EST.
Yeah that random Friday restocking was early but the one earlier in the week was around 5ish

OOoooooooo, they're playing that game too............they had this as a best offer and I offered $25, it got declined and now OBO is gone.
View attachment 92424

View attachment 92425

Discogs has this "feature" where if you make an offer and it's declined it removes an ability to make any other offer. Not a huge fan of it at all. For instance, on that listing I can still make an offer.

Edit: I don't quite getting even having it open as an option if they're gonna decline $25 on a $30 record.

Last edited:
Discogs has this "feature" where if you make an offer and it's declined it removes an ability to make any other offer. Not a huge fan of it at all. For instance, on that listing I can still make an offer.
you can still buy it though, just at full price. it does make me think twice on what i want to offer which i assume is the point.

you can still buy it though, just at full price. it does make me think twice on what i want to offer which i assume is the point.

I agree with that. With that said, it often makes me hesitant to use the feature at all as a buyer or a seller. It feels like a setting a seller should be able to toggle. As a buyer, if it is something I really want, I'm more liable to message the seller on the price at that point as opposed to using the make offer option as I feel like locking myself out of offering slightly higher in response isn't worth it.

Personally, if i were selling an item that I was intentionally listing high with a make offer, I'd be kinda peeved if I got a buyer who puts in an offer a tiny bit below my min point and I'd have to then use backchannel communications to negotiate the price and then change my listing around

I agree with that. With that said, it often makes me hesitant to use the feature at all as a buyer or a seller. It feels like a setting a seller should be able to toggle. As a buyer, if it is something I really want, I'm more liable to message the seller on the price at that point as opposed to using the make offer option as I feel like locking myself out of offering slightly higher in response isn't worth it.

Personally, if i were selling an item that I was intentionally listing high with a make offer, I'd be kinda peeved if I got a buyer who puts in an offer a tiny bit below my min point and I'd have to then use backchannel communications to negotiate the price and then change my listing around
yeah, I get a lot of people asking me what price I'd be willing to agree to. I usually ignore them or redirect them to make an offer using the tool because I don't have time to negotiate like this and more often than not it become a waste of my time. It'd be nice if Discogs at least moved to Ebay functionality for more offers and counteroffers from the seller.

yeah, I get a lot of people asking me what price I'd be willing to agree to. I usually ignore them or redirect them to make an offer using the tool because I don't have time to negotiate like this and more often than not it become a waste of my time. It'd be nice if Discogs at least moved to Ebay functionality for more offers and counteroffers from the seller.
This. They should allow a seller to make a counteroffer, like eBay.

You don't have to list something as make an offer unless they changed it. I get kinda annoyed when people list as make an offer and then you offer something reasonable (10% off) and they decline it. Just list it at a non-offer price then...

I messaged a guy my buddy has purchased from on discogs about some MoFis he had listed and asked for pictures of the sleeves since they were marked VG (conservatively graded). The guy emailed me pics and chatted back and forth and he ended up giving me a pretty steep discount on two titles. I paid paypal G&S direct to him instead. Worked out for both of us.

You don't have to list something as make an offer unless they changed it. I get kinda annoyed when people list as make an offer and then you offer something reasonable (10% off) and they decline it. Just list it at a non-offer price then...

I messaged a guy my buddy has purchased from on discogs about some MoFis he had listed and asked for pictures of the sleeves since they were marked VG (conservatively graded). The guy emailed me pics and chatted back and forth and he ended up giving me a pretty steep discount on two titles. I paid paypal G&S direct to him instead. Worked out for both of us.

I on the other hand get really annoyed when people message me to offer on things that don’t have make an offer activated. Some joker got offended last night when I politely declined his offer of 75% of the price of a high value item despite it not being open to offers.

Back