Definitive Audiophile pressings

Speaking of post 00’s getting the MoFi treatment, think any in the near future will get a one step? I really feel like Beck’s Sea Change would be a perfect candidate. I kick myself for not picking up the standard MoFi back in the day.

For standard mofis, I think something like Coldplay’s first four albums would be somewhat likely to appease the masses. Amy Winehouse would be pretty awesome too. Maybe something like the Flaming Lips’ Yoshimi would be up their alley too.

Speaking of post 00’s getting the MoFi treatment, think any in the near future will get a one step? I really feel like Beck’s Sea Change would be a perfect candidate. I kick myself for not picking up the standard MoFi back in the day.

For standard mofis, I think something like Coldplay’s first four albums would be somewhat likely to appease the masses. Amy Winehouse would be pretty awesome too. Maybe something like the Flaming Lips’ Yoshimi would be up their alley too.
I would buy a high quality pressing of "Yellow" in a heartbeat. I have not much love for newer Coldplay but that album is still fantastic.

Just the single or the whole Parachute LP?

I would be okay with Coldplay’s first two Albums but I’m out after that.
Haha sorry, I literally forgot the album was named Parachutes... the whole album. I remember my buddy introducing it to me after discovering the single through CMJ back in 2000 right after I graduated Uni and moved out. I listened to that album non stop for about a year.

Amy Winehouse’s albums sadly just sound like shit. I don’t think good masters of them exist. The abbey road half speed of Back to Black is okay but I bet it’s the best that album can sound with the sources.

Haha sorry, I literally forgot the album was named Parachutes... the whole album. I remember my buddy introducing it to me after discovering the single through CMJ back in 2000 right after I graduated Uni and moved out. I listened to that album non stop for about a year.
Yup, I had just graduated from High School and was going through whatever wave UK indie thing with Kid A/Amnesiac,Travis, Gomez, etc... and of course I listened to Parachutes a lot.

Yup, I had just graduated from High School and was going through whatever wave UK indie thing with Kid A/Amnesiac,Travis, Gomez, etc... and of course I listened to Parachutes a lot.
I got the yellow pressing that recently came out and it’s not too bad actually quality-wise. The OG pressings are meant to sound fantastic too

For me the blind spot stretches back further than 00, it’s very much 80 onwards that isn’t dad rock. Also, whilst it’s often my musical comfort blanket I’d personally want to push myself in that situation to not just press the white male dad/classic rock of the future, although some of it would of course have a place.

Last edited:
Just catching up, I'm not inspired by a lot of the more modern suggestions really. Although I'm sure there are lots of great modern candidates, without more coffee I can't really get past Air - Moon Safari. But I don't think the era is necessarily the problem, I'm sure there are loads of 60's, 70's, & 80's picks that MoFI would never touch. (not saying that should stick to those decades).

Geez , give it a rest, Mofi is going to release what they think they can make a buck on and what they can get access to, I’m not interested in heaps of things they release, but who gives a fuck, maybe Radiohead/Travis/Coldplay etc don’t want a Mofi version of whatever album you would like to buy. Be happy with all the great vinyl being released and don’t worry about things you have no control over.

Geez , give it a rest, Mofi is going to release what they think they can make a buck on and what they can get access to, I’m not interested in heaps of things they release, but who gives a fuck, maybe Radiohead/Travis/Coldplay etc don’t want a Mofi version of whatever album you would like to buy. Be happy with all the great vinyl being released and don’t worry about things you have no control over.
Think we’re just having some fun my dude.

nope. I don’t think I will.

nope. I don’t think I will.
Just think about it though. If they actually pressed more contemporary titles that we'd actually want to buy then firstly, we'd have to pay the non-US uplift rip off cost and B you know where we'd probably have to go to get them.

Best that they stick to the Jazz and boring arse Clapton stuff they are peddling at the minute and then I just need to dip in every now and then for a new Dylan

Just think about it though. If they actually pressed more contemporary titles that we'd actually want to buy then firstly, we'd have to pay the non-US uplift rip off cost and B you know where we'd probably have to go to get them.

Best that they stick to the Jazz and boring arse Clapton stuff they are peddling at the minute and then I just need to dip in every now and then for a new Dylan

Yes! My wallet is definitely the beneficiary here!

Who gives a fuck what Radiohead/Travis or Coldplay want?

edit - I don't think any of us are worried, but speaking for myself (I'm from England), If I could't moan about anything, life would be even more dull

Cheers to that.

The only Mofi records I have are the Bill Evans & Jim Hall ‎– Undercurrent which was kindly sent to me as part of Secret Santa last year and the Miles Davis - In A Silent Way that @NewcastleSpinner sold to me the other day (its on its way). If they were more readily available here at a non-inflated price I would definitely have picked up more in the past.

Who gives a fuck what Radiohead/Travis or Coldplay want?

edit - I don't think any of us are worried, but speaking for myself (I'm from England), If I could't moan about anything, life would be even more dull

Yep. I also like putting the wind up stuffy old institutions and boring old men lol.

Also talking of sagas MCRU managed to get the beach boys and oh mercy packed, dispatched and out to me within 5 days. Not 5 weeks of empty promises and then blaming me like a certain Mr Nangle. He did refund me pretty sharpish though thankfully!

Last edited:
Back