Definitive Audiophile pressings

Quick side note as I've listened to the first two Sinéad O'Connor releases, @MikeH, can you get on the horn to KG and make it happen? I'll take AP, MoFi, whoever wants to bring me this joy. They would sound amazing............the OGs already do, I'm just saying ;)

Two fantastic albums. Her debut especially, what a tour de force at the first time of asking.

Probably a combo both. It’s pretty gnarly. If they don’t have replacements I may see a f the will give me a discount and just let me keep it.
Usually, MD is good at replacements if it's a MoFi product. I'd definitely reach out ASAP since it's sold out now though. They have sent me new jackets before though if I buy from them or MoFi directly.

Quick side note as I've listened to the first two Sinéad O'Connor releases, @MikeH, can you get on the horn to KG and make it happen? I'll take AP, MoFi, whoever wants to bring me this joy. They would sound amazing............the OGs already do, I'm just saying ;)
I'm technically not allowed to get in touch with him on account of my bail conditions...but I'll see what I can do.

I’ve wanted to get IDNWWIHG but don’t know which pressing to get. Any recommendations?

I’ve wanted to get IDNWWIHG but don’t know which pressing to get. Any recommendations?
I think the most recent pressing was from 2015, nothing stands out as far as who cut it, pressed it and so on, but, this is the one I have and it sounds fantastic.

I think the most recent pressing was from 2015, nothing stands out as far as who cut it, pressed it and so on, but, this is the one I have and it sounds fantastic.

The 2015 in house MOV pressed at record industry as far as I remember. My plan was to pick up U.K. or Irish OGs. Those two sold like hot cakes over here so the secondary market is flooded with them so can get decent quality for €10-15 and also I love me some late 80s pressings!

The 2015 in house MOV pressed at record industry as far as I remember. My plan was to pick up U.K. or Irish OGs. Those two sold like hot cakes over here so the secondary market is flooded with them so can get decent quality for €10-15 and also I love me some late 80s pressings!
I originally was looking for UK OGs, but the shipping and condition never seemed to work out, eventually I came across both in decent condition crate digging, I actually think one of these was a PIF, but I can't remember.

I may revisit the UK pressing in time.

Probably a combo both. It’s pretty gnarly. If they don’t have replacements I may see a f the will give me a discount and just let me keep it.
What happened there is that, due to the winter storm last week that seems to have thrown parts of the USA back to caveman era, the Memphis Fedex hub was grounded and other hubs had to keep packages in their smaller warehouses, which quickly ran out of space, so packages were probably tossed around a lot. Unforseen circumstances.
Add to that, RTI uses loose outer wrapping, since some idiots onine several years ago starting the story that tight shrink wrap will warp the record (total bullshit, shrink wrap has been around for decades on millions of records), but that loose wrapping allows the records to shift a lot inside the sleeve and makes the likelihood of an impact in shipping sending the record through the sleeve.

What happened there is that, due to the winter storm last week that seems to have thrown parts of the USA back to caveman era, the Memphis Fedex hub was grounded and other hubs had to keep packages in their smaller warehouses, which quickly ran out of space, so packages were probably tossed around a lot. Unforseen circumstances.
Add to that, RTI uses loose outer wrapping, since some idiots onine several years ago starting the story that tight shrink wrap will warp the record (total bullshit, shrink wrap has been around for decades on millions of records), but that loose wrapping allows the records to shift a lot inside the sleeve and makes the likelihood of an impact in shipping sending the record through the sleeve.
And on top of this, apparently they can't even find enough truck drivers to drive the trucks from RTI to Music Direct's warehouse.

I absolutely HATE the loose wrapping. Most of my records that are in that packaging get seam splits in transit. even if they are packaged nicely.

What's the best pressing for Stevie Wonder's Innervisions? Does anyone have the 2017 Reissue? Thoughts?

I feel like his catalogue could use an Audiophile reissue campaign.

Yeah it definitely could, there were a few silver label mofis a decade back, I regret not picking a couple up when I started collecting, but they are long long gone and expensive on the secondary market now. I wonder which label bought out Motown and has the reissue rights to them.

What's the best pressing for Stevie Wonder's Innervisions? Does anyone have the 2017 Reissue? Thoughts?

I feel like his catalogue could use an Audiophile reissue campaign.
I think he is VERY protective of the master tapes which is sadly why there haven't been many audiophile releases. I think the MoFis were silver label because he wouldn't let anybody have access to the original masters. I found the MoFi of Music Of My Mind on ebay for around $60. There are two copies on discogs now for around $70 (one is $69 on make an offer and VG+/VG+...)

Not sure about Innervisions, but people really tend to like the OG Tamla US pressings for most of Stevie's work I think.

Not sure about Innervisions, but people really tend to like the OG Tamla US pressings for most of Stevie's work I think.
Eh, I’ve got the Tamla reissue of Talking Book and I wasn’t very impressed. In the US thankfully most of his most popular albums are relatively easy to come by in the used record bins at your friendly local record store.

Eh, I’ve got the Tamla reissue of Talking Book and I wasn’t very impressed. In the US thankfully most of his most popular albums are relatively easy to come by in the used record bins at your friendly local record store.
Yea--I'm talkin OG pressings, not reissues. The original Talking Book was a George Marino cut that is supposed to be pretty solid. And agreed--you can find a lot of OG pressings of his stuff in the US for pretty cheap, although they have been climbing up in price for clean copies lately at least at my locals.

Back