Definitive Audiophile pressings

Anyone else think this is the best WS album?

That's a tough one. I think I have it behind Elephant and White Blood Cells, but then Elephant is one of those superb records that I don't come back to as much because I listened to it so much in the past. In that sense, I listen to Icky Thump comparatively more these days.

Anyone else think this is the best WS album?
They have a pretty unimpeachable catalog. All of their albums are fantastic 8/10 or better IMO. Icky Thump is the first one I ever physically owned, bought it on release day, so I have a special place for it but I think it’s probably 4th on my list. De Stijl and White Blood Cells battle it out for my favorite. Elephant and Icky Thump are interchangeable at 3 for me.

WBC
DE stijl
Elephant
Icky
GBMS
Self Titled

Just note, I’d be cautious buying a brand new, sealed version of this. It very well might be the reissue and I don’t know how to tell the difference. I sold my WG/NRP copy last week and didn’t get to compare side by side.

Good god no. Well in the bottom half.

Struggle to pick between Elephant, WBC and De Stijl as my favourite. The other 3 are 4-6 but rotate dependent on my mood. This one more often than not would be 5. All 6 are good in their own way though!

I didn't think it was a popular opinion but thought I'd check. I DO have a predilection for bagpipes.

Back