Definitive Audiophile pressings

speaking of the Rhino Devo release - I ordered my 2nd copy on the 7th and haven't gotten any shipping notification yet. I did see some other reviews on discogs say they have a similar issue with the pressing, so some bad copies are out there.

They did respond pretty fast when I contacted them about the defect - I just haven't had time to print off the shipping label and get it shipped out via UPS.

What could play fine sounded amazing - I just want to get a playable copy now.

I am happy with it but again I haven’t heard another pressing.

I really like Low-Life and Brotherhood from that rhino reissue series. But the originals of those two suffer from anemic low-end, which makes them sound a bit tinny, and the Rhinos correct that. The low-end is not an issue for originals of Power Corruption and Lies. I'd definitely try a 2009 rhino first though, because I assume the price for clean originals is not cheap. I don't like the sound of the boxset remaster of PC&L though.

I really like Low-Life and Brotherhood from that rhino reissue series. But the originals of those two suffer from anemic low-end, which makes them sound a bit tinny, and the Rhinos correct that. The low-end is not an issue for originals of Power Corruption and Lies. I'd definitely try a 2009 rhino first though, because I assume the price for clean originals is not cheap. I don't like the sound of the boxset remaster of PC&L though.
Yeah, I have heard the more recent remaster is lacking. My copy was from before that apparently.

Back