Definitive Audiophile pressings

Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Spiritualized, Liz Phair, Pavement, Pixies, Sonic Youth, Breeders, Dinosaur Jr., Mazzy Star, etc., etc…

Someone made a playlist for KDGE.
Good stuff. I think it's on Spotify also.
FYI if anyone wants it. They even included some Matchbox 20.😉

Listen to the playlist 94.5 KDGE Dallas (90's Alternative) on Qobuz Open Qobuz

Not sure a version exists of those Oasis records that aren't pinned to the red!

Definitely from what I remember of hearing about the sessions Owen Morris had just taken delivery of a new brick wall compressor before the Definitely Maybe sessions and just applied it to everything during the mix. There’s not much a mastering engineer can do with that really.

Equally I heard bits of the original recordings for the album, it was the third attempt in a third studio that came out, and they’re weedy as hell, nothing like them as a live band. The brickwalled version may not be subtle or hifi but it’s definitely what’s required for that album, particularly as Tony McCarroll was a really shit drummer and needed to be well buried.

Last edited:
The Rocktober Astral Weeks is confirmed to use the '2009 KG cut.
Just ordered a copy from Plaid for $24. (One more left)
I believe it is Optimal but not 100% sure.

The 2009 pressing sounds great - I'm sure that one will, too.

The 2009 was pressed at RTI - so it seems Optimal got those plates for the newer pressing.

Picked this one up and it just arrived today. Great sounding pressing—gotta groove continues to be one of my favorite current plants

Will add I've worked with Gotta Groove on releases before, and they're wonderful to boot.

Picked this one up and it just arrived today. Great sounding pressing—gotta groove continues to be one of my favorite current plants

Yup, I purchases this when it was originally released. Great release.

Back