Definitive Audiophile pressings

Am I remembering wrong or were Matchbox 20 not the Maroon 5 of the late 90s? And the singer did that awful song on that terrible Santana plus guests album?
They are similar in that they were Top 40 radio staples. Maroon 5 is more blue-eyed soul where as Matchbox Twenty is more adult alternative. Probably closer to Counting Crows, Third Eye Blind and mid 90s Goo Goo Dolls.

Am I remembering wrong or were Matchbox 20 not the Maroon 5 of the late 90s? And the singer did that awful song on that terrible Santana plus guests album?
Matchbox 20 was nothing like maroon 5 really aside from them both starting with the letter M and having a number in their name lol. Didn’t like either band personally but they both had a bunch of radio hits in the US

Hootie is mostly a nostalgic listen for me. It’s nothing ground-breaking. My dad had the CD in his car and would listen to it a lot on road trips with us when I was a kid. And my kid dances and claps to it so that’s enough of a reason for me to listen to it.

If I had to guess anybody on here that would detest it, I would have bet $100 it was going to be @Joe Mac lol

Back