Definitive Audiophile pressings

I feel like we haven't seen the real nightmather on here in a while. Like day mather has kept him locked up in the murder dungeon and not let him out to breathe for a while now. In fact everyone on here is seems like they're trying to be more responsible lately. We need to recruit some more irresponsible folks to the forum so that my bad vinyl behaviors don't look so bad in comparison.

I do really need to see someone else do something bad soon because I broke and ordered a few albums I was missing from Japan last night...
Can’t be help. Unemployed in two weeks have spent the last of my I can throw whatever I want at this hobby money. Now have an allowance moving forward. Very strict budget.

IMG_5259.jpegSo here’s the deal, Otis himself is not hard panned and so far coming up on the end of side two, every song is different.

Dock of the bay, there is some fading on Otis in the channels, it sounds like he is wondering around on the stage, it’s actually really cool. The horns seem to be in the right and the drums too with the rest of the band on the left.

It’s actually really well imaged it sounds like you would expect it to ina hall with monitors placed near the instrument you are listening to. It sounds live instead of a studio creation. It is superbly imaged, unlike, say A Love Supreme, where the panning smacks you in the face and makes it sound fake. This has some bleed in the other channels. I’m actually really impressed. I’m sure the mono is better just because that would have been the mixing these guys were used to at the time but this sounds really good. Great separation, enough stage that it doesn’t sound like Otis is pacing the stage but wondering around back and forth and side to side.

Long story short. It’s a normal fuck Chad record, it sounds amazing. Pressing is top notch. Yes there is panning, I would say anyone who thinks it is hard panned is nuts or has equipment way more sensitive than mine.

If you like this album, it sounds very very good.

View attachment 192784So here’s the deal, Otis himself is not hard panned and so far coming up on the end of side two, every song is different.

Dock of the bay, there is some fading on Otis in the channels, it sounds like he is wondering around on the stage, it’s actually really cool. The horns seem to be in the right and the drums too with the rest of the band on the left.

It’s actually really well imaged it sounds like you would expect it to ina hall with monitors placed near the instrument you are listening to. It sounds live instead of a studio creation. It is superbly imaged, unlike, say A Love Supreme, where the panning smacks you in the face and makes it sound fake. This has some bleed in the other channels. I’m actually really impressed. I’m sure the mono is better just because that would have been the mixing these guys were used to at the time but this sounds really good. Great separation, enough stage that it doesn’t sound like Otis is pacing the stage but wondering around back and forth and side to side.

Long story short. It’s a normal fuck Chad record, it sounds amazing. Pressing is top notch. Yes there is panning, I would say anyone who thinks it is hard panned is nuts or has equipment way more sensitive than mine.

Glad there's some bleed and he isn't hard panned! I am tempted to pick it up but dear god look at all that dead wax...decisions decisions...

Glad there's some bleed and he isn't hard panned! I am tempted to pick it up but dear god look at all that dead wax...decisions decisions...
Vu meters agree with me. Peaks are pretty much simultaneous on both channels with some variation here and there.

I think another thing that may be throwing folks saying it’s hard panned is he is way forward in the mix but I would say that is par for the course for an Otis record.

View attachment 192784So here’s the deal, Otis himself is not hard panned and so far coming up on the end of side two, every song is different.

Can’t wait to get this one in. It’s been a while since I’ve bought a proper fuck Chad record.

Yeah I know I’d seen that and on the last two releases but they didn’t appear on thisisdig (uk Warner store) or the eu Warner store front.

Fuck slow vape only sell fuck chad.
I took it to mean physical shops?

I wouldn’t call my European site a “select shop.” It’s just my European distri. But what do I know? I’m just a chucklefuck?

Back