Definitive Audiophile pressings

I don't remember where everyone was here on the UHQR, but holy shit this sounds sooooo good. I have a 2013 copy and the Vault Mono copy. This absolutely stomps over them. On first play through but its clear that this is an improvement. Bass slam, instrument separation, dynamics, no sibilance. Pricey and excessive...sure....definitive? Yes.

View attachment 183701
Mine on preorder. Can’t wait

I cannot accurately express how incredible the Nicholas Jaar "Space Is Only Noise" 2LP 45 pressing sounds. I've got 900 records and it's probably top 3 just in terms of pure audio dynamics. Just jaw dropping, I want everyone involved in this pressing to go off and produce many other albums together.

Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise

Last edited:
I cannot accurately express how incredible the Nicholas Jaar "Space Is Only Noise" 2LP 45 pressing sounds. I've got 900 records and it's probably top 3 just in terms of pure audio dynamics. Just jaw dropping, I want everyone involved in this pressing to go off and produce many other albums together.

Ugh. So I need to upgrade my original pressing now...

2nd this, although i think i posted similar somewhere way back when.

I gotta check this out. I love Darkside, but know nothing about his solo stuff. This album a good place to start?

EDIT - listening to it now. The recording sounds amazing thru my Bluesound node. Can see how a great pressing would sound incredible. It's massively wide.

Last edited:
I gotta check this out. I love Darkside, but know nothing about his solo stuff. This album a good place to start?

I'd say this is a good place to start. Probably remains his most accessible solo album. It's weird but still very approachable. Not that far off from Darkside really. I was actually introduced to Nicolas Jaar with this album before Darkside came about.

Against All Logic 2012-2017 is the other non-Darkside record of his I own. That's where I'd go next for his more uptempo chop-ups.

I'd say this is a good place to start. Probably remains his most accessible solo album. It's weird but still very approachable. Not that far off from Darkside really. I was actually introduced to Nicolas Jaar with this album before Darkside came about.

Against All Logic 2012-2017 is the other non-Darkside record of his I own. That's where I'd go next for his more uptempo chop-ups.
I totally forgot AAL was him as well! I've listened to that a fair bit. I like the sorta middle ground that Darkside exists within the most.

They freaking NEED to repress Jaar Sirens. I bought 3 copies of it, two special edition and one regular and they're all just covered in some kind of weird film and are just the noisiest worst pressings ever. No idea what happened with them, but total mess.
Weird! I’ve been meaning to pick up Sirens but just haven’t. I’ll hold off though if that’s an issue with the album. I feel like his stuff goes in and out of print so hopefully it is available again soon.

Weird! I’ve been meaning to pick up Sirens but just haven’t. I’ll hold off though if that’s an issue with the album. I feel like his stuff goes in and out of print so hopefully it is available again soon.
Well the strange thing is a lot of the comments on Cogs are about how silent the pressing is, but like this isn't me being picky, all 3 of these were unopened and they all looked like they had been sprayed with some chemicals. The special edition comes in a PVC sleeve so I figured it might be off gassing but when I got the sealed standard edition it looked exactly the same, crazy non stop noise for the first half of both sides and just coated in this stuff...
20230912_203925.jpg
20230912_204041.jpg

Last edited:
Well the strange thing is a lot of the comments on Cogs are about how silent the pressing is, but like this isn't me being picky, all 3 of these were unopened and they all looked like they had been sprayed with some chemicals. The special edition comes in a PVC sleeve so I figured it be off gassing but when I got the sealed standard it looked exactly the same, crazy non stop noise for the first half of both sides and just coated in this stuff...
View attachment 184449
View attachment 184450
Records are so much fun. I love this hobby. I repeat. Records are so much fun. I love this hobby.

Well the strange thing is a lot of the comments on Cogs are about how silent the pressing is, but like this isn't me being picky, all 3 of these were unopened and they all looked like they had been sprayed with some chemicals. The special edition comes in a PVC sleeve so I figured it be off gassing but when I got the sealed standard it looked exactly the same, crazy non stop noise for the first half of both sides and just coated in this stuff...
View attachment 184449
View attachment 184450
1697078245954.gif

Well the strange thing is a lot of the comments on Cogs are about how silent the pressing is, but like this isn't me being picky, all 3 of these were unopened and they all looked like they had been sprayed with some chemicals. The special edition comes in a PVC sleeve so I figured it might be off gassing but when I got the sealed standard edition it looked exactly the same, crazy non stop noise for the first half of both sides and just coated in this stuff...
View attachment 184449
View attachment 184450

I usually don't tell folks how to live their life, but I love you and you've just got to stop buying records that were recovered from shipwrecks. It will eventually kill you.

Back