Definitive Audiophile pressings

Whenever anyone gets Stakes on their table, please lemme know how it sounds, and if it's a poly sleeve or not, can't tell from the cogs photos, but I'm thinking no. Looks like just plain black paper inners.
The shop app tells me I am getting it tomorrow. Weird shipping company I have never heard of says it ain’t shipped yet. The post office does have a mystery package from New Jersey.

I second the thanks… used it too and ordered both records.

Guess I’ll have to do an a/b with the mofi at some point.
Haven’t seen a review yet that says the Cars MoFi is better. Still haven’t gotten a shipping notice from Rhino though and I ordered the first day they became available annoyingly. Forgot how much I hate their fulfillment and lack of CS

Restock

Haven’t seen a review yet that says the Cars MoFi is better. Still haven’t gotten a shipping notice from Rhino though and I ordered the first day they became available annoyingly. Forgot how much I hate their fulfillment and lack of CS
@marshall did a shootout tonight between the two and confirmed that the KPG wins out in his books too.

So the Coltrane’s Sound from Rhino Hi-Fi has a great soundstage, floor is dead silent, imaging is very nice. Separation seems nice. Having nothing to compare this to from a vinyl standpoint, I would say it is easily on par with the Acoustic Sound Series from Analogue Productions. Very nice package over all as well. Glossy, heavy tip on gatefold. Flat heavy weight vinyl. I honestly don’t really care about the labels, in fact I like that it easily identifies the edition. Haven’t read the liners yet. Very solid purchase.

So the Coltrane’s Sound from Rhino Hi-Fi has a great soundstage, floor is dead silent, imaging is very nice. Separation seems nice. Having nothing to compare this to from a vinyl standpoint, I would say it is easily on par with the Acoustic Sound Series from Analogue Productions. Very nice package over all as well. Glossy, heavy tip on gatefold. Flat heavy weight vinyl. I honestly don’t really care about the labels, in fact I like that it easily identifies the edition. Haven’t read the liners yet. Very solid purchase
I’m excited to get this if it ever arrives. Maybe they shipped it without updating my order…

Hoffman is such an ass. He can't stand the KG mastering sounds so good and is getting all the attention on Cars S/T.

He had to come out with two different reviews to down play it.
Saw that. “Played it on my friends system and it sucked. Played it again on my excellent system and it sounded great. Did I mention I spent 2 weeks remastering this title for DCC?”

Whenever anyone gets Stakes on their table, please lemme know how it sounds, and if it's a poly sleeve or not, can't tell from the cogs photos, but I'm thinking no. Looks like just plain black paper inners.

I've not listened properly but a quick needle drop sounds good, good bass, clean and comes in poly lined inners

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 19.53.41.png

Last edited:
Back