Definitive Audiophile pressings

Thank you for your TIIIIIIIIME !! kindsir .
Well because you good for nothing lazy assholes had no comment you forced my hand so OKAY FINE I'LL ANSWER MY OWN QUESTION ARE YOU HAPPY NOW

I went and bought it and the answer is yes the AS RKS wins out but the VMP isn't super far behind. Better highs on the AS, better extension, better stage, and more separation in the highs but less bass, slightly thinner sound while the mid have less separation and are a little bit muddy. VMP is a bit flatter all around but it's a bit more full bodied with more low end and in some cases a bit more emphasis on the mids and percussion. All in they're both good but top points go to the AS.

Anybody hear anything about the Blondie box set that came out last year? I'm not seeing anything particularly bad anywhere, other than the GZ pressing (I know, that could be bad on its own, hence why I'm asking). I'm curious because it went way down in price at Amazon today and getting in tempting territory.

Wondering how much better these OJC pressings will sound. The $18 ones you find here and there already sound pretty damn good >_>. Will def grab ones I don’t already own but don’t know if it’s worth spending an extra $50 to get a bit better sound

Anybody hear anything about the Blondie box set that came out last year? I'm not seeing anything particularly bad anywhere, other than the GZ pressing (I know, that could be bad on its own, hence why I'm asking). I'm curious because it went way down in price at Amazon today and getting in tempting territory.
No help, but the I grabbed the cd of the bonus material and love it.

I have it, it’s a great set although definitely a digital source not necessarily ‘audiophile’ but great sounding and has some great tracks.

Since its release I've been frustrated by the fact the smaller set is limited to the extraneous stuff; only way to get the originally released albums is to buy the full box. That's still looking pretty steep.

Since its release I've been frustrated by the fact the smaller set is limited to the extraneous stuff; only way to get the originally released albums is to buy the full box. That's still looking pretty steep.

You can get OGs of the albums quite cheap. I got the full box on pre-order when it was a bit cheaper. It’s a huge box, tbh I would be happy with just the extras, the main book is bigger in the smaller box as well.

It's basically C$200 less right now than it was when it came out... still expensive but in the range where I start thinking.

You can get OGs of the albums quite cheap. I got the full box on pre-order when it was a bit cheaper. It’s a huge box, tbh I would be happy with just the extras, the main book is bigger in the smaller box as well.

I have a original Canadian pressing of Parallel Lines and it's quite good. My plan was to just look for original pressings of the others I want (people should stay away from the Japanese Eat to The Beat though, it's not good). But the box seems so nice with the extras and the book.

How is the pressing and mastering on the box?

I have a original Canadian pressing of Parallel Lines and it's quite good. My plan was to just look for original pressings of the others I want (people should stay away from the Japanese Eat to The Beat though, it's not good). But the box seems so nice with the extras and the book.

I missed out on an auction of the bonus material vinyl box. That’s really the only thing that interests me. I will say, the Blondie albums I have sound amazing. Private Stock issues of the first album as well as the styrene 45 of X Offender just rock. Get the Private Stock debut for sure. Parallel Lines OG is solid too. I really need Plastic Letters and Eat to the Beat. I love those albums but the debut and PL are definitely my favorites.

I think it’s good, but tbh haven’t really listened to the original albums much just the extras. The music definitely draws you in, well pressed and mastered but didn’t strike me as what I’d call audiophile. It’s a fantastic box set, but I would expect the original albums to sound better.

I do have some early ish pressings of parallel lines, plastic letters and eat to the best, I’ll try and dig them out and do some comparisons.

20230417_113538.jpg20230417_113553.jpg
JP 82 Hunky Dory and 79 Lodger. Both sound great, little bit of IGD on the final tracks on each side of Lodger but otherwise definitely best I've heard it. Hunky Dory is interesting in that the mastering differs so much from the UK 80 that is almost sounds like different mixes. Still trying to figure out which I like more. But can recommend both of these.

These showed up today... I'm on side B of Santana right now and I really really like it so far (I'll do an A/B with my KPG Sundazed later but there's no way the MOFI doesn't come out on top). This thing thumps. Looking forward to the Zevon too... needle drops were promising.

IMG_0011.JPG

I think it’s good, but tbh haven’t really listened to the original albums much just the extras. The music definitely draws you in, well pressed and mastered but didn’t strike me as what I’d call audiophile. It’s a fantastic box set, but I would expect the original albums to sound better.

I do have some early ish pressings of parallel lines, plastic letters and eat to the best, I’ll try and dig them out and do some comparisons.

Thanks man. I didn't expect audiophile, but I at least wanted to make sure GZ didn't pooch the pressings with noise, swishes and their usual goodies. Not going to lie, it's manly the bling (the extras, the book, the box) that was the main attraction.. having all the albums is the bonus. But I'm going to hold out longer and keep looking for OG's of the records I really want (essentially LPs 1, 2 and 4). My copy of Parallel Lines is great if a tiny bit poppy (only an issue for headphone listening honestly).

These showed up today... I'm on side B of Santana right now and I really really like it so far (I'll do an A/B with my KPG Sundazed later but there's no way the MOFI doesn't come out on top). This thing thumps. Looking forward to the Zevon too... needle drops were promising.

View attachment 172252
I agree. That Santana MoFi pressing blew me away. It sounds so good.

Back