Definitive Audiophile pressings

I wouldn't say it beats the CB, but it's as good to my ears. The bass has a little more punch on this one to me, but the soundstage seems slightly wider on the CB. I haven't heard the US OG to compare.
Thanks for the input. I’ll stick with my CB and hot cut us OG :). Shelf space is a premium lol

Anyone have a definitive Never Mind the Bollocks? I just got an early UK pressing that is a repress from the same stampers used to make the first 12 track blue/red virgin label release. It has “tone” etched both sides in the runout. Absolutely stomps my early US pressing and the most recent Rocktober green vinyl. The album finally sounds like a lively punk album instead of a hot piece of muted garbage.

Last Saturday I ordered Guy Clark's White Light from Intervention Records. Got it today and (💥 💥
BOOMBOOM ALERT 💥 💥) it's another stellar pressing from this label, all analogue from the original master tapes, mastered by...oh, yeah, BoomBoom. At this point, these aren't a bad deal at the $40 Shane is asking, and shipping was just a few pennies above $4.

Last Saturday I ordered Guy Clark's White Light from Intervention Records. Got it today and (💥 💥
BOOMBOOM ALERT 💥 💥) it's another stellar pressing from this label, all analogue from the original master tapes, mastered by...oh, yeah, BoomBoom. At this point, these aren't a bad deal at the $40 Shane is asking, and shipping was just a few pennies above $4.

BoomBoom does all of IRs stuff now I think! This one is on my list to pick up…this is also going to be the last IR pressing done at RTI. They are moving to Gotta Groove for everything else from now on!

I was waiting for BoomBoom’s new all tube recording to come into stock at AS to order this and White Light for free shipping… but the Kirsten Edkins all tube pressing hasn’t popped up in stock at AS yet….anybody get a shipping notice for it? Seems to have already sold out at In Groove and elusive Disk and hasn’t popped up anywhere else…

1674876095800.gif

BoomBoom does all of IRs stuff now I think! This one is on my list to pick up…this is also going to be the last IR pressing done at RTI. They are moving to Gotta Groove for everything else from now on!

I was waiting for BoomBoom’s new all tube recording to come into stock at AS to order this and White Light for free shipping… but the Kirsten Edkins all tube pressing hasn’t popped up in stock at AS yet….anybody get a shipping notice for it? Seems to have already sold out at In Groove and elusive Disk and hasn’t popped up anywhere else…

View attachment 165286
Seems like the In Groove was the only “local” shop online to carry it so far, which is odd. I can’t imagine they’re the only one to distribute it. Would think Plaid and the like would also carry it but who knows.

Also just doesn’t seem like many have gotten it yet, so I wouldn’t be too worried. I have it on pre-order at AS but haven’t heard anything.

Seems like the In Groove was the only “local” shop online to carry it so far, which is odd. I can’t imagine they’re the only one to distribute it. Would think Plaid and the like would also carry it but who knows.

Also just doesn’t seem like many have gotten it yet, so I wouldn’t be too worried. I have it on pre-order at AS but haven’t heard anything.
KG said they only pressed 2k copies or something but it will get a repress if it sells out quickly. Elusive disc sold out of their whole allotment already and have a notice saying any new orders will go toward the second pressing. From the get go, KG mentioned that two or three of the main record retailers would carry it (AS and ED). Was surprised Mikefromtheingroovephoenixarizona got some in

View attachment 165286
Looks like it's available at Music Direct:

Can anyone chime in on this one? It's a Boomboom, but I'm almost leaning towards grabbing it on CD

Don’t have this specific one but those “older” drastic plastic reissues have been awesome. They used to do QRP/KG quite a lot

Don’t have this specific one but those “older” drastic plastic reissues have been awesome. They used to do QRP/KG quite a lot
Agree with @MikeH , no personal experience with the Cramps record but Boom Boom knows his way around indie and punk music. I actually wish he would move away a bit from the jazz/Blue Note work and go back to these sorts of albums.

Agree with @MikeH , no personal experience with the Cramps record but Boom Boom knows his way around indie and punk music. I actually wish he would move away a bit from the jazz/Blue Note work and go back to these sorts of albums.
Yea I love the jazz stuff but would love to see him do more rock and other cuts. He said he cut something like 250-300 LPs last year so am very interested to see what those are when they all come out (doubt they were all pressed and sold last year)

NM- from Dusty Groove. This photo is in clear light, but it’s also easy to see in regular light. There Are plenty other obvious markings all over this record, many of which come with clearly audible noise, but this non-fill (I think?) is loud and intrusive on a couple quiet jazz ballad tracks.

I think of Dusty Groove as a good, reputable shop, but this is my first used purchase from them. Is this typical for Dusty Groove? Their used prices are very fair, but not if the grades are way off.
9E5B844E-A497-4933-90C3-4C84C25DFCA3.jpeg

NM- from Dusty Groove. This photo is in clear light, but it’s also easy to see in regular light. There Are plenty other obvious markings all over this record, many of which come with clearly audible noise, but this non-fill (I think?) is loud and intrusive on a couple quiet jazz ballad tracks.

I think of Dusty Groove as a good, reputable shop, but this is my first used purchase from them. Is this typical for Dusty Groove? Their used prices are very fair, but not if the grades are way off.
View attachment 165359
Possible that happened in transit? I’ve seen stuff like that if a piece of debris was in the inner and rubbing against it in the mail…I’ve had that happen with new sealed records before

Giving them the benefit of the doubt though…I’ve never bought used from them online before. Went to their shop in person years ago and it was great and I order new from them.

Possible that happened in transit? I’ve seen stuff like that if a piece of debris was in the inner and rubbing against it in the mail…I’ve had that happen with new sealed records before

Giving them the benefit of the doubt though…I’ve never bought used from them online before. Went to their shop in person years ago and it was great and I order new from them.
I hadn’t thought of that. I suppose it could have happened in transit, but it was well packed in a way that didn’t seem to leave much room for sloshing around. Regardless, it’s good to be reminded of that possibility.

View attachment 165359
That is not no-fill nor is it debris rubbing. These are straight up gouges, very significant ones. It might have been owned by multiple people over the years, who left it out on a table or in a stack, who put their roach clip on it or drew lines on it, or maybe it was left in a garage or country barn for 3 decades and a rat got in.

I've bought from Dusty Groove many times, in person and online. Their shop is relatively small, and I suppose more used stuff never makes it to the store but is warehoused for online sale.

They do high volume of used vinyl, and to do so, must be scouring garage sales and buying large collections sight unseen. They probably have a grading team about the size of Elon Musk's content moderation team. They take a quick look, maybe don't even flip the side, and that's it.

As George W. Bush famously said - "Trust, but verify." Always ask to have a real prerson check the grading closely.

As George W. Bush famously said - "Trust, but verify."
Not to be pedantic but the first US President to use this quote was Ronald Reagan who said this regarding the Soviet Union’s Nuclear disarmament. W. Mighta said it later but it was in homage to Reagan, to whom the Neo Cons, of Bush’s ilk hold in high regard.

Back