Definitive Audiophile pressings

2nd copy of The Cure's Wish. Same pressing as my other copy. Jan 2023 pressing from GZ (PRP?). Same swishing static bursts going into the beginnings of all 4 sides, still audible into the first several seconds of the first tracks on those sides. Ugh. At least the 4th side isn't scratched on this copy. And one of the two copies doesn't have swishing on side 2. Not sure how generalized this is but 2 copies out of 2 doesn't bode well. I'm guessing the Nov 2022 European press at Pallas is probably the way to go. People seem to like the GZ/PRP pressing on Discogs though.

2nd copy of The Cure's Wish. Same pressing as my other copy. Jan 2023 pressing from GZ (PRP?). Same swishing static bursts going into the beginnings of all 4 sides, still audible into the first several seconds of the first tracks on those sides. Ugh. At least the 4th side isn't scratched on this copy. And one of the two copies doesn't have swishing on side 2. Not sure how generalized this is but 2 copies out of 2 doesn't bode well. I'm guessing the Nov 2022 European press at Pallas is probably the way to go. People seem to like the GZ/PRP pressing on Discogs though.
That’s a bummer. My copy didn’t have any glaring issues. I am sure the Pallas pressing will be way more consistent in QC.

That’s a bummer. My copy didn’t have any glaring issues. I am sure the Pallas pressing will be way more consistent in QC.

It does sound pretty good otherwise, so there's that. In the end, it's not terrible since it goes away when the louder parts kick in (I'm sure it's still there but it's harder to hear and goes away for real in there somewhere). But's it's hard to "unhear" so my OCD annoyance kicks in. For now, I frankensteined the best copy out of the two I had and returning the second.

In other news for those that care, I picked up that Costello "This Years Model" RKS 2021 Euro press and it's decent. It's a little flat and compressed sounding to me but having never heard an original pressing I'm not sure how different it is. I did stream the original master vs the 2021 and I preferred the original master. I think they upped the bass and punch on the 21 but the extension on the highs is kinda gone. Anyhow it's clean and for $35 it's pretty good. Pretty certain the EU is pressed at Record Industry.
Mather sorry to do this to you, but my favorite master of this is the Rhino double deluxe CD from the early 00's.

Is there a text list of titles anywhere? I really don't wanna watch a Chad YouTube unless I have to.
Video summary:
"This record is great. Sounds great. Music is great. Very accessible"

Basically what he repeats over and over again. Damn near sounds like Donald Trump the way he speaks. It's annoying.

Video summary:
"This record is great. Sounds great. Music is great. Very accessible"

Basically what he repeats over and over again. Damn near sounds like Donald Trump the way he speaks. It's annoying.
“The soundstage is uuuge. Grown men — really big, strong guys — have come up to me crying bc they have the widest and biggest and most in-depth soundstage of any record ever produced.”

“The soundstage is uuuge. Grown men — really big, strong guys — have come up to me crying bc they have the widest and biggest and most in-depth soundstage of any record ever produced.”
"The guys from MoFi approach me and say, 'chad...you gotta tell us how you do it. How does it sound so yuuuge?' Theyre clueless, those losers with their digital soucing. Sad."

Back