Cute Animal Thread

Here are our two rescue kitties. Sister/brother littermates. They arrived yesterday, and so far they are shy but not terrified.

We named them Penelope and Zygmunt
Once the true cuteness ensues, pics will be a'plenty

View attachment 133105
They look like they are plotting to overtake you. I like them already.

Today is two weeks since we adopted these little cuties. They are getting more and more bold, especially in the mornings...but they are still easily spooked and run and hide at a creaky floor or other noises. I haven't played drums since we brought them in, but at some point they will need to experience that.

Z & P.jpg

Today is two weeks since we adopted these little cuties. They are getting more and more bold, especially in the mornings...but they are still easily spooked and run and hide at a creaky floor or other noises. I haven't played drums since we brought them in, but at some point they will need to experience that.

View attachment 134514
When I foster skittish kittens I usually play the radio for them, usually keep it on an NPR type station that has more talking and less sudden noises. I’ve found this helps them get used to different human voices even if a person isn't actually in the room. That way when we are in their space they aren't jumping and running away at every noise we make, because they got used to a quiet house. ☺️

When I foster skittish kittens I usually play the radio for them, usually keep it on an NPR type station that has more talking and less sudden noises. I’ve found this helps them get used to different human voices even if a person isn't actually in the room. That way when we are in their space they aren't jumping and running away at every noise we make, because they got used to a quiet house. ☺️
Wow, cool, that's an excellent idea. Thank you!

Back