Cute Animal Thread

How are things going?

I know you were concerned about not being able to play your drums yet. Have you try playing songs that are heavy on the drums to introduce other sounds? Or play short sessions while they’re in a different room?

The main things I’m curious about is them isolating themselves under the bed. Do they hide there to avoid you guys when either of you try to engage? I understand wanting to wait for them to want to be cuddly. But keep in mind if they can a true choice they would stay feral. So you’ll need to kindly test/push their boundaries. 😅
Thanks for checking in. We are learning their patterns and timing, they seem to want to be upstairs from late morning to evening. They usually come down in the evenings for a few hours, and are definitely up at night playing and jumping up on our bed. So, they have settled in for the most part. They are still skittish to loud music, and even the ice maker or when one of us sneezes, but I remember my wife's previous cat was like that for years. They definitely engage now, the girl cat with me and the boy cat with my wife is how they lean for now.

As far as drums, I haven't played yet. I have had vocal and keyboard sessions and they stay hidden, but I haven't done solo drums or full band. Luckily I don't have a current need to play, but in a couple weeks I'll be tracking, so they'll have to get used to it soon. They will be two floors above me when I play, so that helps.

4537A89A-DC10-4E26-B34C-4B7B8118D978 2.JPG

I would like to introduce the Thundercat kittens!

Panthro aka Mr. Chunks aka Gordo. Food is definitely his love language with physical touch a close second. So it’s no surprise he’s the biggest kitten that loves to snuggle with a full belly. He needs to be fed first or his loud cries will set everyone else off.

FBFE89C1-829E-4E76-83B1-66E0D36BA21E.jpeg

Snarf, who likes to scarf down her leche with a diva expression, and is pretty much Panthro’s twins in all ways but in color and gender. I think she will be a long-haired cat because she is very fluffy.

D09DC77A-0FD9-4334-945F-DF559D4328B4.jpeg

Cheetara, is a sweet and sassy girl that LOVES to make biscuits on anything and everything. First to start purring after every meal and go into a food coma.

F3CD4757-0FA5-4721-9287-49E4FEB43E21.jpeg

Last but not least, are the twins WileyKit and WileyKat. Don't be deceived by WileyKit’s small size she has achieved a lot of milestones first. Which she is not shy about broadcasting with her big voice. WileyKat might be the runt of the litter, but that doesn't take away from his persistence and patience has he learns to master a good latch. He’s such a sweet and cuddly baby.

EC8E706D-5C99-46E0-82C9-0B5F2D4C4876.jpeg

IMG_20210114_191856.jpg

This is our bunny, she's called Mylene, she's a bit over 8 years old now. She had a rough weekend, as on Saturday noon she stopped eating. With small animals it's very dangerous if they don't eat for 24 to 30 hours, so we've decided to drive to an animal hospital in Duisburg on a Saturday night. We had to wait for 4 hours to get a doctor to see her. So many emergencies, many dogs and a few cats. She got some x ray and the next day some ultrasonic and some meds. First they thought it could be problems with her kidneys or stones in the urine tract but the ultrasonic proved that wrong. Then they found the reason is probably an inflammation in her mouth coming from a wrongly growing tooth, which was fixed yesterday. She's still weak, but starts to eat a little bit by herself, in between we have to nurture her. I think she'll make it through. Fingers crossed.

Back