Cute Animal Thread

Y'all!!! Remember the stray cat at my husband's job?! Turns out she was prego! :love::eek::love: She had 4 skinny but otherwise healthy babies! Not sure of the genders yet. Trying to teach my hubby how to determine that since we're geographically separated.

IMG-20200725-WA0007.jpg
She had them in a hidden corner of the maintenance area.

IMG-20200725-WA0009.jpg
He tried moving the babies into a box with a clean towel, but mom (named Savannah by the locals) moved them outside the box.

IMG-20200726-WA0003.jpg
She was okay with keeping them on/near the towel. I hate that they're on the dirty floor, but that's what she wants. So far everyone is eating and doing well.

Last edited:
IMG-20200802-WA0008.jpg
20200803_130137.jpg
These two now compete with each other for belly rubs and it's recently escalated to the point where in order to one up each other they will now roll onto their backs and rub their faces with their paws as if they're tired. This came about because one of them rubbed their face and my wife squealed and the other took notice and then also did it resulting in the same reaction so they both started doing it simultaneously, then one rolled onto its back while doing this so the other did the same and now it's their go to move. It's shameless.

Last edited:
View attachment 59714View attachment 59715
These two now compete with each other for belly rubs and it's recently escalated to the point where in order to one up each other they will now roll onto their backs and rub their faces with their paws as if they're tired. This came about because one of them rubbed their face and my wife squealed and the other took notice and then also did it resulting in the same reaction so they both started doing it simultaneously, then one rolled onto its back while doing this so the other did the same and now it's their go to move. It's shameless.
*jots down "if found" number*

Hey, just so you know, that weird text from a 407 area code is definitely NOT me.

Update on Savanah and her babies: Everyone is doing fine. She finally moved them someplace cleaner and is okay with keeping them in a bed. Their eyes are starting to open, not all genders are confirmed, and we're still working on names for all of them.

IMG-20200802-WA0009.jpg
Everyone taking their turn at the milk bar.

IMG-20200803-WA0003.jpg
This one most definitely is a girl since she has a tortie coat.

IMG-20200803-WA0001.jpg
Tuxedo Mask is that you?! 🌹

IMG-20200802-WA0014.jpg
Mom's mini that we named Prairie. Still not sure on its gender but the name will work either way.

IMG-20200802-WA0010.jpg
Such a cute picture! I love its expression!

IMG-20200809-WA0003.jpg
Wife is cooking so she gave Dog #1 the peanut butter jar. Dog #1 is VERY wary of Dog #2's designs on her peanut butter jar. She's NOT letting it out of her sight.

(Just a note don't do this unless you know that the peanut butter you have is dog safe. Some of that stuff can make them very sick depending on what's in it)

Teddy was neutered a couple of days ago.

As a few of you know, I’ve been working 70-85 hours a week for months. My patience for bullshit is gone.

My wife was horrified at my exchange with the guy at the vet’s office:

Vet Guy: Would you like Teddy to have pain management meds? It’s optional.

Me: Hmmm. I don’t know. Would you like me to chop your balls off without meds!!!!???

Of course he had meds. It was a stupid question.

Here’s the cone head. He’s grown a bit.

382AB81E-14E2-4032-A796-A25E14D3DB89.jpeg

Teddy was neutered a couple of days ago.

As a few of you know, I’ve been working 70-85 hours a week for months. My patience for bullshit is gone.

My wife was horrified at my exchange with the guy at the vet’s office:

Me: Hmmm. I don’t know. Would you like me to chop your balls off without meds!!!!???

Of course he had meds. It was a stupid question.

Here’s the cone head. He’s grown a bit.

View attachment 60862
What the actual fuck. That's insane... It's optional. Fuck I hate humans.

What the actual duck?! How are pain meds to take home optional? I used to work in a vet clinic and all dogs always went home with pain meds after a spay/neuter. That's the humane thing to do.

Either way, glad Teddy's okay and of course he would super cute in his cone! He's gotten so big! :)

IMG-20200802-WA0010.jpg

Dog #1 has a problem.
Dog #1 wants to eat Dog #2's food.
Dog #1 however cannot, for two reasons.
The first reason being that Dog #2 will not allow this.
The second reason being that if Dog #2 does actually happen to leave her food unattended, Dog #1 has discovered that as soon as she crunches a single piece of Dog #2's food, the overseers can hear it, and will come into the room and make her feel shame. As evidenced by the several times this has occurred and she has stood frozen over the food bowl in mid chew, sheepishly looking upwards at us as we walk into the room.

Previously Dog #1 came up with a solution, the art of distraction. Create enough excitement and she could grab the food while no one is looking. However the overseers quickly caught on to this plan. So she was forced to concoct a new plan. The new plan is very simple, the overseers cannot hear her chewing Dog #2s food if she doesn't actually chew it. So she will simply swallow the food whole without chewing... like a gluttonous furry pelican.
The individual pieces of food are the approximate size of a tater tot. She is swallowing them WHOLE.
WE HAVE CREATED A SUPER INTELLIGENT MONSTER.

Last edited:
I didn't want to add this to the RSD thread where I was talking about it...but Chewie had his first trip the the Emergency Vet...

He got into something that made his lower right jaw swell...and it spread to the rest of his mouth.

He got some benadryl and steroids and seems to be doing better.

Still swollen, but it's not getting worse.

Kinds hard to tell, but his jaw/mouth is swollen.

20200829_111814 (2).jpg

Back