Criterion Club

I just watched The In-Laws on the Criterion Channel, what an absolutley hysterical ride that was! Loved it! Alan Arkin and Peter Falk made a fantastic duo, and Richard Libertini as the dictator was perfect.

oh no, somehow the wong kar wai box set has appeared at my door!

oh no, now I'm ripping it!
We’re about to finish it off this week.

Don’t miss “The Hand”, a short film on the 2046 disc. It’s an expanded version so it’s an hour long. It’s like pure distilled Wong.

1. Red
2. Blue
3. White

Red and Blue slap, but I was not a big fan of White. Although the ending of Red is so good, that it retroactively makes the whole thing better, so it's already grown on me some.
Blue >>

if anyone here ever sees that godzilla set at or below $100, feel free to @ me. it's been close on amazon a few times and i've been tempted, but i've held out.

having read the books recently, i picked up rashomon and 1984. i've never seen 1984 so i'm looking forward to checking it out. rashomon is just wonderful.

if anyone here ever sees that godzilla set at or below $100, feel free to @ me. it's been close on amazon a few times and i've been tempted, but i've held out.

having read the books recently, i picked up rashomon and 1984. i've never seen 1984 so i'm looking forward to checking it out. rashomon is just wonderful.
Best you'll ever see is 50% off from the biannual Criterion/Barnes and Noble sales. Which at $112 is a good deal.

Got the Wong Kar Wai boxset. I heard about the drastic changes but don't think I'd be as bothered that much as I've only seen Fallen Angels & 2046 streaming and ITMFL on someone else's Criterion DVD way back when and actually have none of it myself.

I've wanted to watch the rest for a while now and think its a good opportunity

Got the Wong Kar Wai boxset. I heard about the drastic changes but don't think I'd be as bothered that much as I've only seen Fallen Angels & 2046 streaming and ITMFL on someone else's Criterion DVD way back when and actually have none of it myself.

They look fucking great. Only people scrutinizing side by side screenshots will notice a difference.

Oh wow, thanks so much for sharing this. I looked into the set and watched a couple of trailers as I'm not familiar with the director. It seems right up my street and looks like some gorgeous cinematography.

When we were at uni there were times when we would spend hours upon hours slogging away on drawings that didn't take much brainpower but required a lot of time. I downloaded and watched almost all of Jackie Chan's films at the same time and became really fascinated in the 70's/80's Hong Kong aesthetic, which 'As Tears Go By' looks to incorporate. I will definitely be watching some of the Wong Kar Wai films, so thanks again.

Back