Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

This is not what I consider Americana but I don’t know where else to put it. This guy Brian Wright is a singer songwriter from Nashville and this album has a little bit of every genre in my opinion. Love his music and songwriting. He is the touring guitarist for Aaron Lee Tasjan.

if you are interested Grimeys Has signed copies for sale Here.

And colored versions here.

Has anyone's Margo Price albums moved at all? I was really excited when I got a shipping label creation notice on 7/2 but USPS still hasn't received the package. So much for spinning that on Friday (or before).
Had yours started moving yet? This was my latest update:

July 7, 2020, 3:35 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
BATAVIA, IL 60510
Your shipment was received at 3:35 pm on July 7, 2020 in BATAVIA, IL 60510. The acceptance of your package is pending.

Not sure what the ‘acceptance of your package is pending’ bit means.

Had yours started moving yet? This was my latest update:

July 7, 2020, 3:35 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
BATAVIA, IL 60510
Your shipment was received at 3:35 pm on July 7, 2020 in BATAVIA, IL 60510. The acceptance of your package is pending.

Not sure what the ‘acceptance of your package is pending’ bit means.

Yes, mine should actually be delivered today. It stayed in that "Shipment received, package acceptance pending" for about 3 days before it finally started moving.

Really grooving on this record. Vocal kinda reminds me of Ben Nichols. Think Lucero with a heavier groove.

Country Westerns - S/T

I really dig these guys as well. I've been missing some good cow-punk and this scratches that itch. I really like this track too:

all of Joseph Plunket's work with The Weight is pretty essential as well

What stuff from The Weight would you recommend checking out first?

Really grooving on this record. Vocal kinda reminds me of Ben Nichols. Think Lucero with a heavier groove.

Country Westerns - S/T

Signed versions of their new record if anyone is intersted.

I was just looking to see if any copies of Randy Rogers & Wade Bowen's Hold My Beer, Vol. 1 were floating around on vinyl (for the record, there aren't) but I noticed they recently (well, back in May) released Hold My Beer, Vol. 2!!!. Anyways, Its pretty great the only bummer is the vinyl is $50 FUCKIN' DOLLARS it is autographed though but still. anyways here is one of the tracks I dug; "Rhinstoned".

Man I feel like I’m missing out because I don’t like Orville Peck or Charley Crockett’s voice.
I can’t help you with Orville he’s gotta Johnny Cash/Morrissey/Chris Isaak/ Roy Orbison thing going on that I personally love.

Crockett though you MAY be in luck. His early music he sang with a bit of an manufactured affectation that would come off almost like a lisp. I didn’t bother me personally, I found it almost endearing. I am aware that the lispy affect did turn some off to his vocals. If you are one of those people you are in luck. His last two albums have almost completely done away with it. They might be worth giving a shot if you are curious.

Back